1. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

I have films that I watch, whose collection criteria fundamentally consist of films that I would watch twice. Normally, when I find such a film as "Falcon and the Snowman", starring Sean Penn... I know this to be the case by a strange fascination with the opening and closing sequences. [I will lift mine eyes up to the hill. Where doth my help come from?] 'Watchdog: Clyde is Hungry" -played by Dr. Edward Katz. :-)

2. Adolfo Sierra's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

Los primeros 10 min. de la película prometían, después la "historia" no da para más y acaba en ningún lado; creo hubiera sido un buen cortometraje. Nicholson, la fotografía y la música me hicieron soportarla

3. David R Williams's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

A Lifetime Channel level story (well...subtract the strippers and it would be) populated by great acting talent, but not even Nicholson and Huston can rise above the mediocrity of the tale nor Penn's unfocused direction. The 3rd star is for the star power and the stripper with the clothes pins.

4. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

Love the delicate touch and heartbreaking performance. One of my favorites.

5. JoeTD's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

Not the most original premise, so the film as to be done very well to be engaging. Unfortunately, The Crossing Guard fell short of that. Despite Nicholson giving a good performance, I never felt and sort of serious attachment to the character and in a film with a revenge story that is crucial. Sean Penn seemed like he was trying to combine directing styles from many different directors, and this made the film dull.

6. Christian's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

7. mrf0272's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

An interesting plot that is unfortunately executed in such a way that makes the movie dull and uninteresting. Like always though, Jack Nicholson shows he is a talented actor and is the only redeemable thing about this film. This visuals were nice, but not enough to save this movie

8. zac erickson's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

This is an intense story; the movie didn't reflect that intensity. Jack Nicholson portrayed "Freddy" very well, but the soundtrack and the overall presentation was a little underwhelming.

9. Will Thede's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

Roger Ebert's review of 'The Crossing Guard' made me see depth in it that I would not have seen otherwise. His comments concealed some of the movies flaws... but that doesn't mean it erased them. They're still there and they're pretty bad... cheesy ending, too much strip club repetitiveness, etc.

10. chris budden's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

I chose this movie because it was another American film that had a few decent actors in it. This film does a good job shooting the different types of cultures throughout the city that Freddy (Jack Nicholson) lives in. The Crossing Guard also does a great job blending music in very important scenes to keep it dramatic. Overall great film with a good story line about revenge and Grief over a loved one.

11. mpho3's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

I saw this at the theatre during it's initial release. The audience was drop dead silent at the end; upon exiiting the silence was broken by muttered dismay, confusion and disappointment. People didn't get it or like it but I'd just seen what I felt was a great film.

12. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

13. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

Some really cool visuals and nice use of slow motion. Plot gets muddled at points but entertaining as a whole. Sean Penn has a unique eye for film.

14. Severus Snape's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

fejk. isforsiran. iritantan. bedast. ali džekov hod na početku filma dok svira mising od springstina je besmrtan! <3

15. selin's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

16. Ahmet UJeschk's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

I admire not S.P's direction , but his intentions.

17. su r's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

movie has got a cool credits and a few beautifull slow shot. and thats all for me (except Jack Nicholson, David Morse, Anjelica Huston, Robin Wright and other good performance of course. just talkin' about Penn's direction)

18. Patrick Humphreys's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

We see what Penn's trying to do. He doesn't quite accomplish it, but we see it and appreciate it regardless.

19. _Lilith_'s rating of the film The Crossing Guard

Jack Nicholson walks the streets to a Jewel song.

20. Asher's rating of the film The Crossing Guard

Jack Nicholson's portrayal of Freddie was the only good thing about this incredibly dull movie.