1. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film The Crying Game

Jordan connects the political to the personal; creating a film about divides; about the struggle to co-exist. The relationships offer a commentary on the then-volatile link between Ireland & the UK, as well as the growing conflict within Ireland itself. There's something of Vertigo in this depiction of obsession; a character's inability to accept his sexuality finding a Freudian expression in the film's dramatic arc.

2. soymilky's rating of the film The Crying Game

why does it seem like all of the lines were pre-recorded and the actors mimed the whole time? so odd. also lol @ the constant flashbacks of Forest Whitaker playing cricket

3. ioanabogdana's rating of the film The Crying Game

4. Charolastra's rating of the film The Crying Game

A product of its time I guess. Lots of dynamics beings juggled around: class, race, gender, politics, binaries/dualities but it's bit too much for the plot to wholly digest. Even before the rise of web activism this flick never sat exactly quite right to me.

5. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film The Crying Game

6. Daniel Metcalf's rating of the film The Crying Game

The relationship of Rea & Whitaker at the beginning of the film sets up an interesting plot that should have made for a complex study of Rea's obsession. Already the study of guilt & sexual desire would have made it interesting enough. But the twist adds nothing & even detracts from the interesting obsession. Disappointing yet predictable "past comes back to bite you" finale & strange subplots left unexplored (Dave).

7. naokoken's rating of the film The Crying Game

Just as great on a second viewing 24 years later after seeing it in the theater. Odd to watch on a mobile phone but the only option in a black out.

8. Julia Miville's rating of the film The Crying Game

9. Edward Longfingers's rating of the film The Crying Game

Talk about your off-beat love story! And a thriller. The last 20 minutes had me wondering/fearing what would happen next.

10. Mtume Gant's rating of the film The Crying Game

Yeah.....I bet if I saw this years ago I would have really liked it, but seeing it for the first time now I can see how problematic this film is in framing the Transgender experience. Cinematically it has some bumps as well. I can say Forest Whitaker and Jaye Davidson give stellar performances though.

11. caitlin.f's rating of the film The Crying Game

transphobic garbage. wish i could give it zero stars.

12. OcioActivo's rating of the film The Crying Game

It's been a while since I've seen The Crying Game but I do remember falling for it; its twists that seem tame and obvious today and its tenderness that unfortunately is surrounded by violence and fear. Fergus, Dil and Jody define the 90's (in a good way) to me. The film may feel like a time capsule, kind of like American Beauty only better, but no one can deny Neil Jordan's entrance, the performances, and the story.

13. Jonathan's rating of the film The Crying Game

Such a richly layered story that remains focused and on point throughout. And so daring. I'd call it a masterpiece of 90's filmmaking.

14. muse_x's rating of the film The Crying Game

Been meaning to catch this film since its arrival.

15. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Crying Game

This film is more a sign-of-the-times, than a good film... "Best Picture"???

16. Lintang A.'s rating of the film The Crying Game

17. Tom Rubendall's rating of the film The Crying Game

18. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Crying Game

Decent 90s indie. The twist is ok but nothing to write home about. I did think Whittaker gave a nice early performance in his career, but ultimately the story didnt really hold my attention. Controversial in its day but seems rather tame now. Ill give it an extra half star for originality. 3.5 stars

19. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Crying Game

20. Lorna Singh's rating of the film The Crying Game

The plot twist caused quite a sensation in 1992 but doesn't distract from a well acted thriller.

21. Robert Howard's rating of the film The Crying Game

I remember the TV ads being dropped on Thursday night prime time by Miramax. One of the first indie films that played at the popcorn picture palace and not the run-down art house. Still, the mainstream crowd weren't too impressed, but I loved it. Boy George song, Jordan's impressive directing, fantastic acting...

22. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Crying Game

It didn't resonate for me. I thought the twist was stupid and I didn't understand why he continued the relationship after being tricked. I understand that people fall in love with the person, not the gender, but it seemed like he really just wanted the sex. It seemed like it was critically acclaimed more for what it said, than what the movie actually was.

23. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Crying Game

This is one of those films that create a commotion and are quickly forgotten. I was entertained and moved on.

24. marika ames's rating of the film The Crying Game

Interesting picture, strange story line