1. SlavicaSkoric's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

A lush Hammer experience with magnificent Cushing and unusual Lee. The overall pace might have been somewhat faster but my senses are thrilled, nevertheless.

2. Fritz's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

This is utterly brilliant in every way. The Universal version is a classic indeed but this one is fascinating -- from the vivid set design, the dramatic timing of the score to the thumbs-up performances, especially Peter Cushing's excellent portrayal of the titular character. Cushing's Frankenstein is a swagger portrait, is desperate and twisted, and has the convincing insatiable appetite for playing God.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

Terence Fisher, au début de sa plus somptueuse période... www.cinefiches.com

4. Ollie's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

Amazing set design, fantastic performances from Messrs Cushing and Lee, and a piercing score; 'The Curse of Frankenstein' displays all the iconic aspects of a classic Hammer Horror flick. Director Terence Fisher creates an atmospheric and memorable adventure, and even more impressively, does it on a tiny budget.

5. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

A lush technicolour horror that stills plays surprisingly well despite the prosthetics peeling off a little. Peter Cushing really is excellent throughout as the increasingly desperate & depraved Dr Frankenstien hell-bent on quelling nature. The excellent performances, bar a rather rigid Lee, are matched by vivid sets & a panning camera that injects life & suspense. Prof Bernstein's fall looks absolutely brutal!

6. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

A committed performance from Peter Cushing and directed with visual flair but ultimately not as good as the original Universal version, which resonates with me because of its sympathetic portrayal of the monster itself. Christopher Lee has nothing to do here.

7. Martin Jensen's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

"Mutilating? I've been removing his brain. Mutilating's got nothing to do with it."

8. Gareth Jones's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

Undoubtedly a classic horror movie and a great film adaptation of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Perhaps not the scariest of movies but I felt this is more about Frankenstein's insatiable quest to create life, well played by Peter Cushing.

9. Robert McMillan's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

"Pass the marmalade, my dear." Pure cheese and ham, but the precision direction brings out the best in the bold and colourful set design. A visual treat.

10. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

Great to see a non-campy take on this classic, with great mise en scene which really sets you into the story AND a well crafted intriguing plot. Very nice!

11. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

Terror like they used to make it, and still powerful. For me, at least, replugging in primal teenage fears

12. sizelando's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

Taut gothic horror of the most exemplary order.

13. deathcabdan's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

3.6? what is wrong with you people? 5. the end.

14. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

One of the most intriguing filmic interpretations of the Frankenstein figure: a portrayal as ambivalent and evil character affected by his madness.

15. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

CREDITED TO HAVE BEEN DIRECTED BY FREDDIE FRANCIS

16. Martin Wilson's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

If you go from this to REVENGE..., then jump to ...MUST BE DESTROYED and end with ...FROM HELL, the flow of the story suddenly comes into focus. It also yields one of the most powerful depictions ever, of a psychopath. Key moment, surprisingly, is at a quiet breakfast scene. After one particularly brutal murder, it's his "Pass the marmalade, will you, dear?" PETER CUSHING is the definitive FRANKENSTEIN.

17. Log Lady's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

Sterile and devoid of atmosphere with a completely uninspiring script to boot. I much prefer Hammer's take on Dracula.

18. Simon Reid's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

Without enough time to create a sympathetic character of the monster, this resonates less with the source material than Fisher's Dracula does. The added sub-plot with the maid makes Victor (the terrific Peter Cushing) more villainous than ever. In this version of events, he gets started by reanimating an adorable dachshund puppy, and his brutal plot to secure the brain of a genius professor is a hilarious addition.

19. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

Thanks to some great direction and two corking performances this is one Hammer film classic

20. Mark Garrett's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

Pretty incredible, Peter Cushing kills it as Frankenstein, while Lee's monster is the most plastered together looking creature yet. It's like a rotating emotion of Frankenstein's though, a rough materialization of what he does: self-inflicted wounds. Some beautiful exposition, but this is such a crazed and essential bit of monster cinema.

21. Matt's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

This is better than 'Horror Of Dracula'; I don't care what anyone else says, I've just stated the truth. Thank you and goodnight...

22. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

"It seemed that when we saw CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN there was a graphic quality to it that was totally uncalled for, which made it extremely endearing to us. We enjoyed it a great deal. And I'll never forget the audience's reaction that midnight showing at the New York Paramount. They loved it; they loved it. We were about 15 years old, I think, my friends and myself." (Martin Scorsese)

23. MikeEverleth's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

Peter Cushing is a real dick as Dr. Frankenstein. And that's a good thing.

24. João Eça's rating of the film The Curse of Frankenstein

It really doesn't add a thing to the original by James Whale (which is, by the way, a masterpiece of film-making) and even the beautiful cinematography is ruined by the cheesy special effects. The script is lousy in every way, trying to create something new from an already famous story but only succeeding in making clichés. I love most of Fisher's movies, but this one was really a disappointment.