1. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

3.5 stars. This dreamy film is nowhere near as frightening as "The Night of the Hunter" but it has a similar stylized dread. Both are told from the point of view of children. In this one, the dim father seems closest to being the villain, but he is just misguided. In the other, the stepfather is truly the nightmare villain for all time.

2. Diego Ruscitto's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

3. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

4. FISCHER's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

Sous forme de conte fantastique, une oeuvre au petit charme bienvenu... www.cinefiches.com

5. El Biffo's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

6. kit duckworth's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

better to hide your lesbian mentor in the garden hun

7. Aardsy's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

How do you make a sequel without kitty noises?

8. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

Superior to the original and one of Lewton's best. I would like to package this Spirit of the Beehive and A.I. as the unofficial trilogy of lonely children with big imagination.

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

This is like a Twilight Zone ep through a child's eye. The title is a bit misleading as this is a much different type of story than the original Cat People. Wouldn't really classify this as horror, more like stepping back in time and embracing the wonder and dreamlike quality of childhood, which unfortunately fades all too quickly

10. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

I like this film as much as I loathe the title.

11. Jack D. Fleischer's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

Deeply felt, and seems to arise straight from the subconscious mind. The performance by Ann Carter is nothing short of sublime.

12. Log Lady's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

The RKO people were a bunch of money hungry idiots for wanting the title to tie-in with Cat People. If you know beforehand that this is not a direct sequel per se, there's a better chance to understand the film. Despite the marketing, this isn't horror, but more like a hazy and gentle story about a sensitive child and her imagination. Carter is an absolute darling and very convincing.

13. drnuttall's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

a beautiful film about childish fantasy.

14. tibber's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

I really think that if not for the characters from the original shoehorned in to make a sequel, this film would be mentioned along with the likes of Night of the Hunter.

15. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

A ghost story or a psychological look on the power of a child' imagination and loneliness? This "sequel" to the tension-filled Cat People isn't a horror film, but rather a fantasy of a child and a neighbor who both need love and understanding from their parents, but only one of them will saved.

16. Dave's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

The interpretation offered by Amlethus a few posts below is spot on. When viewed in this light, the film is one heck of an accomplishment. This is not a horror film in the same respect as the first, or even the rest of Lewton's filmography. It's an examination of childhood fantasy and the response from a father who went thru the events of the original Cat People.

17. Amlethus's rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

There are a lot of people who don't like this film. I think it's done something amazing. It took the lead male from the first film & showed his psychological response to how he interpreted the mystic that is in the first film. We see this in how he reacts to his 8 year old daughter’s youthful imagination. He suffocates her. There are NO CAT PEOPLE. And this film can stand alone. Amazing, better than Cat People.

18. w:i:l:b:e:r:t:o: :i:r:a:h:e:t:a:'s rating of the film The Curse of the Cat People

I'd like to think that this is more of a Gunther von Fritsch film rather than a Robert Wise film... I like to think positive.