1. Shaun's rating of the film The Cut

Slightly interesting but definitely flawed. The vast journey of the main character makes it seem like it is based on a true story but it doesn't seem to claim to be based on any specific story. Either way it feels wrong to not give a great review of a film about such a momentous event but it fell short of my expectations. At times it was beautiful and harrowing but also, much more, it felt like a b movie drama.

2. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Cut

A fairly standard, but still impressive, tale of a man surviving brutal wartime and subsequently trying to find his family again. Solid performances, moments that show horrors without feeling gratuitous, and great work from writer-director Fatih Akin.

3. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film The Cut

There are so many Armenian stories to tell, and any which help people to recognise the genocide are to be welcomed. Inevitably this picaresque drama feels rather contrived, but evokes powerful emotions nonetheless.

4. Superfrog's rating of the film The Cut

English speaking Armenians, Turkish speaking thugs, stunning photography for a disappointing set of plot points. From the guy who made head-on, one of my favourite films of all time, a great disappointment.

5. cicadeeda's rating of the film The Cut

6. Kév's rating of the film The Cut

Very touching movie dealing with different topic such the love of a dad, the war & the immigration etc... Highly recommended!!

7. keith's rating of the film The Cut

8. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Cut

9. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Cut

10. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film The Cut

Great disappointment from a great director. No subtlety mainly. And Tahar Rahim as an Armenian...lol. A necessary film nonetheless

11. Rakelle's rating of the film The Cut

It wasn't perfect, but as an Armenian I felt it was the best representation of our history I've seen.

12. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Cut

Talented Mr. Akin was never so boring before, evincing an embarrassing lack of vision.

13. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film The Cut