1. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

2. John Matrix's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

THE DARK CRYSTAL is like LABYRINTH if you removed any comforting human presence, got rid of all the fun songs, and magnified the creepiness by 75%. The artistry of puppet dream team Jim Henson and Frank Oz is apparent in every frame. About 80% of this movie is well done. The other 20%, the plot and dialogue, is a loud, wet fart that goes on just long enough to make you uncomfortable.

3. Enrico Cioni's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

I'd watch anything with the Skeksis in it--sitcom, mockumentary, reality competition show, anything. As for the Gelflings, eh. Didn't really care. However, again, I'd love a David Attenborough style documentary on the creatures inhabiting the ecosystems the Gelflings traverse on their quest.

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

5. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Dark Crystal

6. f-nanda's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

7. J. O.'s rating of the film The Dark Crystal

Beautifully realized landscapes and characters with a really fantastic story. Though, upon seeing this for the first time as an adult the pacing felt needlessly slow - perhaps in part due to the performances and puppetry. But regardless, this is a classic.

8. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1s5

9. Joshua's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

10. pyota's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

11. Hannah Bowie's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

Adorable! Nothing seems to bring as much nostalgia to me as 80's and 90's kids fantasy films. Jim Henson has never failed to come up with creepy and/or cute creatures ♥

12. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

13. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

The muppet creations are cool. Everything else is boring as shit. Sorry potheads, it's not that great.

14. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

Without a doubt, this is Jim Henson's best-loved fantasy adventure that has thrilled & delighted me many years now. Everything about it I can describe is beautifully-made: the puppetry, the set design, the music, everything else all genius! And besides, there are no human characters in the story but it's all realistic as if the world is full of Henson's creations. So much fun watching this! Henson has always succeed.

15. I AM ... MARCY FIERCE's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

16. Matt Burgess's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

Oh how I miss American children's fantasy films in the 80s where filmmakers were not afraid to evoke a genuine feeling of dread and oblivion. Today all we get is empty, family friendly CGI crapfests. Henson's storytelling here is rather dull and overly simplistic but the world depicted here is fascinatingly grim and the creatures grotesque and frightening.

17. Shelley's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

awesome squawking noises

18. Harry Rossi's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

If this film had been done without any dialogue and just the narrator giving us the basic plot (like he does in the beginning) then the film would be perfect. Aside from that the puppets are beautiful and the art direction is masterful.

19. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

All about the art direction. Its great to see a fully realized world put through such attention to detail. Good stuff.

20. reptusspider's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

21. HeadGEAR's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

unique and charming, a wonderful movie.

22. Tyler Aikens's rating of the film The Dark Crystal

My favorite movie of all time, period.