1. HKFanatic's rating of the film The Dark Knight

Almost a decade on, it's fairly easy to see this as *the* film of the post-9/11 era. Nolan utilized the Batman mythos to explore issues as weighty as terrorism, the surveillance state, and vigilante justice. Joker's "social experiment," which felt somehow clumsy at the time, now seems to have anticipated our Trump period divisiveness. This is a story about Gotham City in the same way "The Wire" is about Baltimore.

2. Banes's rating of the film The Dark Knight

3. YoungJun Bae's rating of the film The Dark Knight

The dark knight is one of my favorite movies of all time. This movie set a new genre of dark theme hero movies. Heath Ledger was phenomenal on this movie, just everything was excellent. Still a lot of villains these days try to learn from Heath Ledger's Joker.

4. gaussian's rating of the film The Dark Knight

5. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film The Dark Knight

The film that defines the 21st Century.

6. Richard Tines's rating of the film The Dark Knight

Really just the perfect action/comic book film.Nolan solidifies his IMAX auteur stature with a second more realistic take on the batworld (although suspension of disbelief is required, for there are MANY leaps in logic here). A superstrong brooding hero, a terrifying villain, terrifically unnerving music, great supporting cast...like i said, one perfect popcorn flick...and there's a little lite philosophy, too

7. abunchoffilms's rating of the film The Dark Knight

Film-making at its absolute highest level.

8. Luca's rating of the film The Dark Knight

3.5 -Definitely realized Hans Zimmer's soundtracks make me feel sick after a while -Really enjoyed those sonar sights of the building

9. gld48's rating of the film The Dark Knight

Saw this way back and don't intend on seeing it again. Very watchable and of course Ledger is great. But Nolan is such a flat-footed director that he tries to pack so many ideas into ultimately a comic-book movie that by the end it feels so bloated and overwrought that you're totally exhausted. The film can be mined for political subtext and allusions but at best, it's Heat for teenagers.

10. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Dark Knight

Saw it on shrooms in a half empty theater late at night by myself. I thought it was one of the deepest films I'd ever seen. I'll never forget it.

11. Ka potem Es's rating of the film The Dark Knight

12. jw's rating of the film The Dark Knight

The things I disliked about the film were mostly things I disliked about other Nolan movies, particularly the dialog and the incessant score. However, the acting was strong, and the plot never became boring.

13. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film The Dark Knight

The best comic book movie of all time. An amazing study on conflicting dualities and the deconstructing of the superhero. And of course, Heath Ledger delivers one of the best performances of all time

14. Azizi Al Majid's rating of the film The Dark Knight

best american superhero movie in its time

15. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Dark Knight

A spectacle film. Not very engaging. I don't think Nolan has met another human in his life.

16. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film The Dark Knight

Still brilliant from start to finish, Ledger is so good in this. Brilliant score, great script

17. Jackson Hardee's rating of the film The Dark Knight

An intense, fast paced filmed that never has a dull moment but also makes sure to never leave viewers behind. Add in Heath Ledger's unmatched portrayal of the Joker and you have one of the best superhero movies of the decade.

18. stuart oehlerking's rating of the film The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight was an amazing movie. Well put together with tons of action packed moments! I love Christian Bales bat man and I love Heath Ledgers Joker even more. This is the joker I think of overtime the Batman movies come to mind.

19. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film The Dark Knight

The most realistic depiction of Batman to date. It demonstrates the futility of order in the face of unpredictable chaos. Also a smart, subtle critique of the American "war on terror".

20. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film The Dark Knight

Nom d'une pipe qu'il est bon Heath Ledger. Le Batman de ce film a toujours l'air un peu ahuri, mais Joker porte le truc de bout en bout avec une force incroyable.

21. Star Lord's rating of the film The Dark Knight

Batman Dark Knight. 1,5 ad essere generoso.

22. Trunfos's rating of the film The Dark Knight

9,1 first masterpiece of the 21st century

23. sominjeon's rating of the film The Dark Knight

I've watched this movie at least 1000 times, will never get tired of it. Made a twitter account just to talk about it.

24. hexhunk's rating of the film The Dark Knight

A great crime thriller. A terrible Batman movie.