1. msmichel's rating of the film The Dark Tower

Well, its not the worse King adaptation to come along by a long shot...if that sounds like faint praise it is. Tom Taylor gives the only performance of note here with the two leads looking lost in their under-written parts. This was an adaptation that spent years in development hell and perhaps should have just faded away instead.

2. Bob's rating of the film The Dark Tower

Probably the most disappointing movie adaptation of the great source material since "Watchmen". Just like the latter, it had to create its own tone and style when it had all of that perfectly established already in the book - and just like the latter, it failed miserably. So, it feels more like modern and sterile sci-fi flick rather than nightmarish spaghetti western that it was supposed to be. Still, kudos the cast.

3. Lana's rating of the film The Dark Tower

4. Alex Pintică's rating of the film The Dark Tower

5. Bryan Hickman's rating of the film The Dark Tower

6. Ethan's rating of the film The Dark Tower

Idris Elba gives a badass performance in this very solid action/adventure film and McCounaghey is fun as the cold blooded villain. I have to admit I don't know shit about the source material so I can't attest to how faithful it is and how good it is in that respect but what I can attest to is that it is entertaining and a fun time at the cinema that held my attention and kept me on the edge of my seat.

7. Fabio Di Felice's rating of the film The Dark Tower

Solo profonda tristezza per un'epopea durata sette libri e 22 anni ridotta a questo filmetto per ragazzi dove l'Uomo in Nero cammina per un'ora e mezza con le mani dietro la schiena. Un pasticcio che non piacerà a nessuno: nè a chi ha letto i libri, che inorridirà davanti alla pochezza del tutto, né a chi non li ha letti che nella supercazzola della sceneggiatura non capirà niente.

8. Paolo Utili's rating of the film The Dark Tower

9. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Dark Tower

10. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film The Dark Tower

Interesting actors can keep your attention only to a point with a lackluster screenplay resembling a SciFi channel B-movie more than a thought out adaptation of King's highly regarded series. I like how they tried to integrate the shining ability and the fish out of water humor but it was not nearly enough to maintain a consistent tone throughout. You can swear the actor start to look lost as it goes on!

11. Sefer Taslı Sapık's rating of the film The Dark Tower

12. bencor's rating of the film The Dark Tower

They told us this was not an adaptation but a kind of sequel. So I think it works.