1. pluviosity's rating of the film The Dark Tower

the movie felt so tired, as tired as Matthew Mcconaughey's acting. What a waste of great ideas, what a waste of Idris Elba. Should've stayed with TV series format, I won't even mind if the CGI worse, as long as there's better writing in it.

2. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film The Dark Tower

Not the worst movie I've seen but surely one of the most inept. It looks and sounds fine but the script is just all wrong and makes no sense. It just goes from scene to scene and the actors wander aimlessly around trying to survive this mess. It feels like a bad sci-fi B-movie from the 90's. It's staggering that this is what they made considering the source material. And the end fight is really bad...

3. Star Lord's rating of the film The Dark Tower

Niente di che, pensavo meglio. Trama prevedibilissima.

4. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film The Dark Tower

totally worth a ticket at the 2$ theater for Matthew and Idris' comic swagger!! The dark tower is safe- for now. 2.5

5. Trunfos's rating of the film The Dark Tower

6. Igor Leoni's rating of the film The Dark Tower

7. Viginti_tres's rating of the film The Dark Tower

The weirdest thing about this adaptation is how surreally faithful it is. Every scene stems from something in the novels, only its wrong; the wrong characters or the wrong context. It less resembles a condensed version of the story than one involved in a horrific teleportation accident.

8. doublelife91's rating of the film The Dark Tower

That was depressingly generic.

9. Django's rating of the film The Dark Tower

In an era of extruding source material out to trilogies and beyond (e.g. The Hobbit), this outing took incredibly dense and rich source materials and condensed it into one bland, quickly forgettable film. A great waste of talent all around.

10. Rocketeam's rating of the film The Dark Tower

Does anyone else see the various similarities with "The Neverending Story"

11. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film The Dark Tower

12. Catarina Silva's rating of the film The Dark Tower

13. FCC 86's rating of the film The Dark Tower

"I do not shoot with my hand. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind"

14. Marisa Alves Pedro's rating of the film The Dark Tower

2,5. O enredo é apresentado de uma maneira apressada e maioritariamente superficial

15. JoãoMoura's rating of the film The Dark Tower

For the book fans its a 1.5 or less. For a regular person its a normal movie, not great, not that bad, just normal. “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.” -- The only thing that takes me to the books.

16. Luca Taurini's rating of the film The Dark Tower

17. Farah Fitria Sari's rating of the film The Dark Tower

Everything is giving me cues about something deeper, but I still don't understand what King (or this whole movie) wants me to understand

18. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film The Dark Tower

La prima metà è fatta bene, interessante e dinamica. La seconda metà però corre troppo, per arrivare ad un finale veloce e scontato. Bei personaggi che potevano essere sviluppati meglio e poche descrizioni per luoghi e storia di questi due mondi che vengono a contatto. Se vuole essere una trilogia, almeno sono contenta che questo capitolo sia autoconclusivo e non lasci in sospeso niente. Speriamo migliori col secondo

19. Maar's rating of the film The Dark Tower

summer blockbuster for open air cinema, nothing else.

20. Ulrich JARLØV's rating of the film The Dark Tower

Yet another foreign filmmaker chewed up and spit out by the big Hollywood machine. The movie feels like a classic case of too many chefs in the kitchen. While watching the movie you can just sense the meddling of talentless hack executives. I feel bad for Arcel but he's bound to bounce back - for his next project he returns to politics, a subject he knows how to tell well, with a movie about RFK starring Matt Damon.

21. msmichel's rating of the film The Dark Tower

Well, its not the worse King adaptation to come along by a long shot...if that sounds like faint praise it is. Tom Taylor gives the only performance of note here with the two leads looking lost in their under-written parts. This was an adaptation that spent years in development hell and perhaps should have just faded away instead.

22. corycorycorycory's rating of the film The Dark Tower

I wanted to like this more. I will leave the review as follows: The Dark Tower (2017) is an awesome addition to the Dark Tower oeuvre, a perfect book 8 story wise.

23. Bob's rating of the film The Dark Tower

Probably the most disappointing movie adaptation of the great source material since "Watchmen". Just like the latter, it had to create its own tone and style when it had all of that perfectly established already in the book - and just like the latter, it failed miserably. So, it feels more like modern and sterile sci-fi flick rather than nightmarish spaghetti western that it was supposed to be. Still, kudos the cast.

24. Lana's rating of the film The Dark Tower