1. Sidereus's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

Three "turning points" in the arabs women life. The first one with rare sensibility. An acid vision of traditions.

2. siobhantebbs's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

Stunning compelling film, full of captivating motifs/rhythms that evoke continuity - the sun-stick; the cycling/horse-galloping; and the line of boys carrying boxes from place to place. Yet this continuity is juxtaposed with a defiant act by each protagonist. Alone, these acts are a small corner of disruption; but by bringing them together at the end the film gracefully suggests the potential for communal dissidence.

3. Jed Dodd's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

The first vignette was very slow and repetitive. The second one had great scenery, I loved the biking and the fact that she is fuelled more and more as more men come to try to get her to stop. The sound in that vignette is great and ends with an incredible shot "riding" away from her as she is being confronted by her brothers. The final vignette is funny, the boys playing with old lady's things while she is gone.

4. gboldrin's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

5. FISCHER's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

Cette histoire de trois femmes, une enfant, une femme mariée et une vieille dame, qui, chacune à leur manière, tente de préserver ou d'obtenir un espace de liberté, souvent refusé, bénéficie au niveau de son bigarré scénario de la compétence et de la maîtrise du grand réalisateur iranien Mohsen Makhmalbaf... www.cinefiches.com

6. Bekriah Mawasi's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

Minimalist portraits of 3 stages of womanhood in 2000 Iran. Very close to cinéma vérité in style.

7. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

8. Bruce Lightfoot's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

The middle section is one of the full stop most incredible sequences I have ever seen in cinema imo.

9. Helen's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

I adored the symbolism. Beautiful metaphors and gorgeous scenes.

10. j.arriagaecunha@gmail.com's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

11. kguttt's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

12. Paul Robert's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

Marzieh Makhmalbaf erzählt in drei Episoden von drei Frauen im Iran: Aufwachsen, unterdrückt. Leben, ohne Erfüllung. Sterben und schließlich Langersehntes erhalten. Besonders die letzte Episode, weil in einem surrealen Stil gehalten, gibt einen Ausblick auf das, was möglich ist, ja, möglich sein muss. Einzig hier wird nicht gescheitert, sondern grandios triumphiert -trotzdem blockiert durch die absurde Szenerie

13. Bilan's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

You never conquer your deep rooted tradition... Beautiful world cinema! Amazing landscapes and some lovely actors.

14. henk@loftmatic.com's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

Final score: 8. Storyline: 8, Originality: 9, Cinematography: 7, Involvement: 7, Sound: 7, Editing: 9, Educational: 9, Title design: 7, Acting: 7, Interesting: 9, Unusual: 8, Exciting: 6, Superior: 7

15. Kartik's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

Iranian cinema and deep humanism go together. Here, it focuses on the feminine part of humanity. The first story is a prelude to repression and denying freedom, while the second story is the dormant sense of freedom re-emerging. The third story was pretty surreal and spoke very subtly of regrets. The visuals were calming and fresh. the acting extremely natural.

16. lndah's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

17. Tesss's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

Great sound in the second one.

18. Quesera,sera's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

there's no good things to become a woman in Iran

19. paul oram's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

Anything that comments on what it is to be a woman living in such a society is of the greatest importance. True equality between the sexes can't come soon enough. The cyclist was for me the most poignant story. However hard she cycles she cannot succeed.

20. Anne Moleyn's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

I liked the script and the idea behind the film very much (as well as the character Hoorah ^^), but I do not think it's particularily well filmed ...

21. inheracil's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

The perfect combination of simplicity, symbolism and beauty.

22. Ludovica's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

23. alvaro03's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

Los occidentales solemos sobrevalorar este tipo de cine, para ser politicamente correctos y por nuestros necios complejos de culpabilidad e inferioridad. Me gustaría conocer la nota que se le da a esta producción si en vez de firmarla un iraní la hubiese filmado un noruego. El mejor episodio es el central aunque muy elemental en su planteamiento. Nota: 3/10

24. nein's rating of the film The Day I Became a Woman

The only allegation I have is an excessive simplicity and sometimes too rough use of symbols (like bike race become a synonym of freedom). In spite of this, stories are worthwile and informative. I liked the story of an old woman the most :-)