1. mubianer's rating of the film The Days of Eclipse

I can't quite believe I watched this. Like a strange dream. About being an unwanted outsider. It has the quality of a science fiction without the supernatural element.

2. Arisu's rating of the film The Days of Eclipse

beautiful cinematography

3. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Days of Eclipse

I don't really understand the film, but don't resent the experience.

4. José Neves's rating of the film The Days of Eclipse

Cinematography by Sergey Yurizditskiy. "Desire" list: Aleksei Ananishnov, the son of Sokurov's most impressive film, is, in this one, a lyrical anarchic character, a solitude figure of a fable of deconstruction. Probably the most beautiful actor ever appeared in a Russian movie, in a film that surrounds him with the same mysterious cargo that the fiction is built, with an unusual allegorical physicality.

5. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Days of Eclipse

Interesting how Sokurov tells this Strugartsky brothers' "science fiction" story with certain depth, using simple and very ordinary visual elements, great soundtrack mix, and outstanding photo. Seems like a mash-up of accounts, but as a whole it works nicely!

6. Gylfi's rating of the film The Days of Eclipse

Having just recently watched Sokurov's Mother and Son, this was the perfect film to follow. The cinematography is beautiful and the film, both in terms of plot and spirit, reminded me of Tarkovsky's Nostalghia. The longing for "home", the past of U.S.S.R. hanging over everyone and everything. The daring style of Sokurov is so impressive I am hungry to discover more of his films. Highly recommended !

7. liside's rating of the film The Days of Eclipse