1. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

3.5 // love the questionador pero que boring thing. keep up the good work

2. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

"I remember the moments you filmed. And it's a real shame that you didn't film the wonderful events, places, meetings and nature and everything that would better present our region in Europe."

3. captainfez's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

Low-budget TV station engenders directionless doco.

4. rainerfloo's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

Some stunning imagery, and rich sequences. I didn't perceive much "engine" driving it, which suits me, but may feel meandering or aimless or slow to others.

5. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

Not sure I'd have recognized this as documentary if it hadn't been labeled that way. Sits, in tone & style, at some ecstatic cinematic intersection of something like Gomes' Arabian Nights, Fellini's fantasized realities, Kusturica's Underground, dare I say Parajanov (grudgingly, Roy Andersson)... All appropriate, given themes of subjectivity, staging & theater. A bit underdeveloped, but I enjoyed this immensely. 3.75

6. Timbo of Boston's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

The film consists small features on of simple lives Georgians as covered by a tiny news team. The affirmation of these everyday stories and moments when constructed as cinema raises the nobility of the common to art. Salome Jashi sequences and edits to keep our attention and composes some artful frames. The news crew provides an original context for exploring the beauty of the everyday and far away.

7. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

(2.5 stars) Very pretty. Some arresting images. A few interesting stories. Nothing more than that for me. Seemed pretty empty and boring for the most part. Not bad... just... meh.

8. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

Un-engaging, esoteric and incoherent. I'm all for patient cinema that unfolds slowly, but I felt this film never allows the uninitiated viewer a chance to figure out what's happening, much less why.

9. hemachandra's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

A beautifully shot documentary about an ultra-low-budget local news team which covers strangely comic events, revealing a country whose transition still seems chaotic.

10. ana's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

Beautiful cinematography and (self-)reflexive story-telling - the last scene is particularly powerful! P.S: Highly recommended for all middle/high-class Tbilisi dwellers. :P

11. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

The opening had a really gorgeous song. We then go to the life and work of Dariko. A very interesting look at this local culture. Anyone know what the opening song was?

12. saitosouta's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

Chiar meandru care se face nu fel ci scop poate să surprindă lumină drăgălașă și zâmbăreță înrădăcinat în viața obișnuită de zi cu zi ca oaspeți în o cununie care dansează la "Gangnam Style," copii plictisiți văzând o imagine despre Biblia și un bucluc dimprejurul unei bufnițe unice în un satului mic.// "カンナムスタイル"に合わせ踊る結婚式の来賓客、聖書についてのビデオを見る退屈そうな子供たち、珍しいフクロウを巡る小さな村の楽しい騒動……目的化した"取り留めのなさ"こそが何気ない日常に宿る愛おしく微笑ましい輝きを捉えられるのだ。

13. wu.meaningless's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

Hell yeah this movie shreds. BRAVO!

14. toeachiscinema's rating of the film The Dazzling Light of Sunset

Opening with one of the most memorable if not best shots in the history of documentary film, Dazzling Light of Sunset is primarily a visceral visual experience but also a great introduction to contemporary Georgia.