1. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

2. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

3. kampton's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

I'll have to watch it again: Sorry to say, it was only at the very end that I realized the (Dante) allegory, though it was made quite clear.

4. El Biffo's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

I didn't think anything about this was funny. In fact, I found it altogether unpleasant but it's a well-made film.

5. Dries's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

Profondamente disarmante e crudo nel suo realismo esasperato...un film che se visto col tipo giusto di occhi riesce a far malissimo. 3,5

6. jkristianl's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

7. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

8. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

New favourite type of realism: Romanian new wave

9. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

10. Diderot's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

Luminita Gheorghiu steals the show in this absorbing story of dignity, indignity, absurdity, and humiliation. If the culture journalists had their way, you'd think this movie was a simple 'critique' of Romania's medical institutions. It's better than that.

11. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

this story may occur almost every country.The health system in a structure which bogged down in many countries.Due to bureaucratic obstacles, destruction of concepts such as respect,helpfulness has been shown in the film very successfully.However film's rhythmic balance is not compatible with this duration.Every moment has same rhythm, same psychology perhaps we can evulate surgery query opposite sense.

12. Kadjavsi's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

13. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

No Romanian film that this writer has seen has been as honest, as gripping, and as well crafted as Cristi Puiu’s The Death of Mr Lazarescu. It bolsters the credibility of Romanian cinema. My full review is at http://moviessansfrontiers.blogspot.in/2011/09/120-romanian-director-cristi-puius.html

14. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

8/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-22p

15. lina maj's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

It has such a documentary-like atmosphere, unbelievable!

16. Muraki's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

one of the best European dark comedies of all the time, on the side..it's was so sweet to be witnessed.

17. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

18. Herlescu Daniel's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

A truly great movie, romanian style. The film offers a very good insight into romanian society, and especially the romanian healthcare system. This movie is so romanian that often you mistake it for a documentary even if in the next moment it reminds you that it isn't.

19. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

Puiu is a master of inclemently dissecting the merciless aspects of healthcare & society towards the ageing.

20. Anita's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

21. ihor's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

Dark, realist and dry humor capturing the great essence of post-communist Romanian new wave cinema. The seeming ridiculously of communist institutions, as the Czechoslovak new waves critiqued to great affect, has disappeared yet the impersonality and continuing despair of society remains in Romanian society as well as post-communist Eastern Europe as a whole. Everything is captured and delivered slowly with detail.

22. ♦ ♣ ♠ ♥'s rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

A very powerful film, but definitely not a comedy, not even a dark one.

23. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

What are we to make of humanity? Stunning verite feel to this film, the descent through the seven circles gives Lazarescu Dante Remus an apt name

24. Greg's rating of the film The Death of Mr. Lăzărescu

Engaging and yet somehow Boeing at the same time.