Para disfrutar de una experiencia mejor en MUBI, Actualiza tu buscador

1. THE APOLL0's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

2. Ghostman's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Adam McKay should take notes. This is how you make a funny biopic that doesn't treat you like you're an absolute moron who's never had access to the internet and never ever heard of wikipedia. Seriously, make a movie, not a damn slideshow lecture. Anyways, this is a very funny film.

3. diogo's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

It's very smooth, probably something you wouldn't expect watching a film about Stalin's death.

4. Crina Cătălina Bucur's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Jason Isaacs (General Zhukov) and Simon Russell Beale (Beria) are superb

5. Kornovska's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Horriblement drôle. À se rouler au sol si on s'intéresse à l'histoire de l'URSS et qu'on apprécie l'humour noir et cynique. Des personnages monstrueux les plus clownesques les uns que les autres. C'est rare de nos jours qu'on ait droit à un film d'humour s'intéressant en même temps à des questions d'éthique ou de politique. Il y a une certaine subtilité qui se mélange à une folie mentale explosive. 9/10.

6. melly's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

A quotable masterpiece of dark comedy. If I had to watch this movie every day, not only would I probably be happier, I'd be better at slinging pithy one-liners.

7. manybits's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Just an ordinary day in the Trump administration.

8. Podre Cortez's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

I expected this to be anti-communist propaganda but turns out is just a really funny film that does play on some soviet stereotypes in a amusing way? Who would have thought...

9. João Ricardo's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

10. tommy cruise's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

11. I.Camera's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Tonally uneven, and with a distractedly eclectic cast mugging for the camera, TDoS is stuck somewhere between an Edinburgh festival skit and a historical drama. Only Simon Beale as the feral, predatorial Beria, conveys the random terror of Stalinism, prowling around in a castle-like Lyubanka amid the sounds of bullets to the head. The horrific subject-matter is a poor fit for an Iannucci comedy of insults and farce.

12. Jagoda's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

I haven't seen anything else by Iannucci but this chillingly funny black comedy makes me want to reach for more.

13. chveik's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

14. Tudor Buhatel's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

15. Emrys's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

I found this to be a fresh and interesting way to mix cold, harsh tragedy with light, political comedy. I loved it! I was simultaneously delighted by the movie and shocked by the historical truth it played with.

16. FCC 86's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

"I know the drill. Smile, shake hands and try not to call them cunts"

17. Joshua's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Funny in a dry and British way, the film has the feel of a text twice-translated: the humour springs from the same source but seems to have mixed-up its words. Suffers from chaotic or too-mild direction at times.

18. James Mackin's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

The material's too dark for Ianucci in my opinion (he works best making fun of governments that are entirely incompetent), but I laughed every now and then. Good roles for Tambor, Buscemi, and Palin.

19. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

"YOU ARE NOT EVEN A PERSON, YOU ARE A TESTICLE!" - one of the better movie insults to quote in recent years. Overall, this is a fun one, despite the sometimes annoying decision to stay with British/American accents. But Tambor, Palin, and Buscemi are exceptionally great in carrying this political comedy, which combines dread and laughter perfectly.

20. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Master satirist Iannucci exceeds himself with his darkest film to date. Where previous work revealed political calamity as a byproduct of vanity & vice, The Death of Stalin is a comedy of the entrapped, the humour running straight from political terror. Its liberties with accents & history succeed in giving one the impression that it's really about the time in which it's made, not the time in which it's set.

21. Malt Frisky's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

I actually checked out the history of Stalin's death prior to watching and in some respect it's recommended because with everyone shouting in groups and talking at once you'll be asking yourself what the fuck is going. Good choice to stick to the straight English speaking without a Russian accent in sight and surprisingly as absurd as the events are it's fairly accurate in the political power struggle after Stalinism

22. Aardsy's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

The lamb is the people and the milk is socialism.

23. Robert H's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

The comedy of Iannucci is so sharp and brutal that exploring the politics and mayhem surrounding the death of Stalin makes a lot of sense. Although partly a comedy there are violent and brutal moments which create a sombre tone which is hard to rebound from. An nice reference from Palin on his climb of Kilimanjaro and some moments of visual comedy which provide some relief, as well as a great cast.

24. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film The Death of Stalin