1. abyantama's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

2. Giles J Davis's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

I'm not quite sure what to make of this. It is on one hand compelling, grotesque & factual but on the other confusing in it's motive. I don't know if this is glorifying khrushchevism over the evils of Stalinism or a Soviet take of The Thick Of It. Either way, it is rather good in it's way of presenting political horrors as a comedy of errors. A frighteningly & satirically black look at a very red scare. B

3. Alex Mitici's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

4. Pedja's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Another shitty movie from Iannuci! Unpleasant in it's plagiarism and complete waste of talents. U should FUCK ur bosses in expensive villas, behind heavy curtains, Armando, instead of digging Stalin's mass graveyards!

5. João Rocha's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

It's not "in the loop", but Iannucci done another political satire like nobody else.

6. Dwiki Aprinaldi's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

not really sharp but still a great work of satire made with eurocentrism view, and yes, megalomaniac people with power ruling a regime is and will never be a good idea

7. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Che dire, se non siete in grado di sopportare uno Stalin inspiegabilmente anglofono e dotato di un brit humor estremamente spigoloso io non vi biasimo, ma non è il film per voi. Se invece pensate che l'accento londinese di Josif e Compagni sia un ostacolo superabile, allora il film potrebbe pure piacervi. Il film è intelligente e muove una satira per nulla superficiale, accompagnato da un lato tecnico molto valido.

8. kakaok's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

9. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Bellissimo! Long live Iannucci! The closest we get to a new Monty Python flick?

10. ABVH's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

The Death of Stalin is a mirror universe Life of Brian.

11. Alex's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

12. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

13. reiter's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

there could be a lot of cry, but the director makes a lot of hysterical laugh and satire

14. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

I feel kind of meh on this. There’s a lot that’s admirable, particularly the way it balances true events with Iannucci’s quick tongue — but I almost wanted it to be more outrageous. I need to see again.

15. Luca Soldati's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

16. MiloBOK's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Amazing film, full of some great, on-point humour that really works. Jason Isaacs steals every scene that he's in and the end result is a really enjoyable black comedy where a knowledge of Russian history pays off.

17. DanielJD's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

18. McOpinionated's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Scarily pertinent, appropriately brutal and informative. Also silly, really, really, silly.

19. gld48's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

A little forced but still funny

20. Viginti_tres's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

The humour is not as sharp as one might expect from Iannucci, though there are plenty of barbs within, but in many ways this is the joke. Scenes are taken straight from farcical british sitcoms, revitalised by taking place within this most brutal and tragic setting.

21. Peter Walsh's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Farce and factionalism in a lean adaptation of the graphic novel. The creative decision to play to the strengths and the accents of the cast gives the film the momentum to glide right through the outright tragedy at the heart of the film. Visual comedy plays second fiddle to the script, but hey ho, I can live with that when Ianucci's in charge.

22. Joao Domingues's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

Curzon "Meet The World" 2017 || For someone better versed in politics, perhaps this wouldn't be as hilarious as it was for me.

23. Raminta's rating of the film The Death of Stalin

'Most of the people buying the Soviet paraphernalia were Americans and West Europeans.All would be sickened by the thought of wearing a swastika. None objected,however,to wearing the hammer and sickle on a T-shirt...the lesson could not have been clearer:while the symbol of one mass murder fills us with horror,the symbol of another mass murder makes us laugh.'(Anne Applebaum)

24. Blue Roses's rating of the film The Death of Stalin