1. Jon Brooks's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

The most ridiculous generation of over-the-top jackass musicians.

2. itchycoil's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

this is essential cultural anthropology

3. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

This is first-rate biased doc-making. Spheeris slowly shows her hand and her opinion, at first casually observing – or, as with the Ace Frehley material, ironically framing – hedonistic, destructive, and misogynistic behavior being confused for art & community. By the end, with the full-length Megadeth footage, you realize: she never showed the other bands play full songs, because she has no respect for them.

4. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

Granted, I'm much more familiar with this scene than early punk, but I just found this a better watch. Both films are pretty scary in seeing how people think, but this one just feels easier to get into.

5. eddyfree's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

Glad its's over . The era and the film.

6. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

Not shocking and vivid as the first part, but definitely worth a view.

7. Landen Celano's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

If Part I is about authenticity, Part II seems to be about superficiality. (Perhaps Spheeris was conscious of this when she included some "faux" shots?)

8. T Mills's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

The most fun part of the trilogy!

9. David R Williams's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

More like the Hair Metal Years. Hated that fucking shit back then and the years have not improved the sound. Why Alice, Ozzy, Lenny and even the Aerosmith twins would associated with this bunch is beyond me. These wankers looked ridiculous then and like the aforementioned sound, the years have not made the "look" look better. Here's hoping Part III is less cringe-worthy.

10. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

Not as good as the first. 2.5 stars

11. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

Great sequel to the original, this time focusing on the '80s Hair Metal musicians, their music and their desperate need for fame, sex, alcohol and drugs. Utterly fascinating... in that watching a slow train wreck kind of way. Wow. What a crazy lifestyle!

12. Ben Loory's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

The first movie did such a great job of capturing such a diverse group of amazing, immortal bands... every band not just great but really unique... while this film is strictly scraping the bottom of the barrel, except for Megadeth. There WERE great metal bands in LA at the time... Imagine this movie with performances by Slayer, GNR, Dark Angel, Motorhead... would've been a very different story.

13. corycorycorycory's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

"Do you think you're going to be a rock star?" "Oh ya, oh ya, I'm going to be famous, ya. I think it'll come pretty easily for me. You know, 'cause I'm different from anyne else." This is a hard movie to "rate." Directorily, she nails it. Disregarding sound or talent, she profiles bands that were earnestly going for it, whether it be for art or sex. It's real snapshot, just like Part I, of pop music.

14. ijustgetbored's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

I'm prejudiced by my dislike of the general Metal ethos. Spheeris captures that ethos and distills it into this doc: bizarre, frightening, sometimes humorous. This one has more narrative/filmic structure than Part I, and it lacks the spontaneity and moments of off-the-cuff brilliance. This one is plotted by issue A, issue B, etc., and that feels stale. There's also a distance between director, viewer, and subject.

15. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

Capturing the paradigm shift

16. Holly Hinson's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

Agonizing to watch as it is fascinating

17. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

In confronting performance sequences with staged interviews Spheeris succeeds in showing the cultural background of Metal Music with all its clichés and acting (and also with its ridiculous political correct counterpoint that declares war on Heavy Metal). But the documentary doesn't stay focused and gets a little bit fuzzy in the last third.

18. El Biffo's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

Surprisingly good (I'm not a fan of Heavy Metal), but this is a worthy follow-up to Part I. Spheeris has a way of capturing the most fucked-up people in all of their glory. And like Part I, it's a snapshot in time. These films tell about much more than just rock n' roll.

19. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

In this movie, the music takes a back seat to the glam. Bowie was able to be a real musician, but many of these bands are representative of the decade of greed. When I was in High School a girl I was dating went to a KISS concert. I gave her a hard time. Anyone who was serious about music would never do that. It was generally agreed that they were a joke. It was just understood. They're not a band, they're a brand.

20. Ethan's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

This film at times can be scarier than The Exorcist.

21. Braden Vallenères's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

This made me appreciate Nirvana even more for killing off this whole scene.

22. Ariana Black's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

One star for Megadeth performance, and other for Ozzy spilling orange juice

23. dave gunn's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

Even though she dramatized certain interviews for the sake of humor, and even though the metalheads of the late '80s were truly disgusting and misogynistic human beings, this was still a fascinating documentary.

24. Gerald's rating of the film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years