1. Will Linhares's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

2. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

3. Rob Horsfall's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

Good film, real sense of the desperation and sadness of the protagonist at the end. Oh how love(or attachment) hurts!

4. kris's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

I really enjoyed this, so fragile and sad, Rachel wise in an intense role, giving a stand out performance.

5. Operation Kino's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

While not an outright WWII movie, The Deep Blue Sea conveys its crushing weight and aftereffects.

6. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

7. Kamran's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

Tension and quietude is built through expressive light filtration and long silences, emanating the sinking of existence. 88/100 - Excellent

8. Deiner's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

The film is slow, and even though that's the whole point (people that can't move on with their lives), I can't help but feel a little bit underwhelmed by it. Rachel Weisz is great though, she can be a truly fascinating actress.

9. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

A dark film kept alive by Rachel Weisz's sublime acting (2.6/5)

10. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

Davies técnicamente correcto con una trama que carga sus filias sobre la herencia de un padre autoritario o el hijo maternalmente castrado, el drama de época, los bares, los coros, la carga conservadora que reprime y provoca conflictos internos. Weisz es la mujer frágil, aspirante suicida. La película parece respirar únicamente fatalidad, pero lo cierto es que esto es temporal. Davies cierra con ese fin de cambio.

11. EL0NA's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

"I've always thought of sport as one of the more pointless of human activities"

12. Cependant's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

Fade romance de "déjà vécu".

13. alice's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

Mi è sembrato distantissimo dalla poesia per immagini alla quale Davies mi aveva abituata.

14. venenatis's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

15. swearo che ti amo's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

one of the most intense and cruel melò i've ever seen. we are alone, always. what a down, now.....rachel weisz is superb.

16. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

Constraint, freedom, & love collide in Post-WWII London in this Brief Encounter-ish story. This heartbreaking film not only has wonderful performances & cinematography but a knockout 5 min. opening: A wordless number of scenes that reveal small moments that lead up to the story, with a rising orchestra complimenting the gliding camera as images appear and dissolve.

17. HotLentilSoup's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

This was so touching, honestly one of the best films I have ever watched. It was so poignent and beautifully acted that I have been recomending it to all of my friends.

18. David Houston's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

Caught this in the cinema earlier on this year. Yes, it was beautiful, but bloody hell, I did test my patience. By the end, I was willing her to do herself in

19. dschank's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

wong kar-wai c/o a BBC costume drama. it works. beautifully shot in a way that demands less attention than your average wong heartbreaker. there's something tender-but-unsentimental about its handling of love and need. everyone looks great too - you'll understand why rachel weisz can't quit loki when you see him rock an ascot. hints of maturity toward the end move past "suffering woman" archetypes, thankfully.

20. Özge.'s rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

enjoy a movie to be followed.

21. msmichel's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

Davies is the perfect director to adapt Rattigan's play opening it up cinematically in both technique and structure. By keeping the time structure fluid and moving back and forth along it Davies has turned sweeping melodrama into something quite sublime. Rachel Weisz gives a near career best performance here with able support from male leads Hiddleston and especially Beale as the cuckold husband. Nof for all tastes.

22. Charlie P's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

why aren't you playing in Atlanta?!

23. suzkay's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

Rachel Weisz gives a tenable, unguarded performance - in what could have been too over the top or an icy role - she nails it. Terence Davies tableaux shots are amazing (omg! the wwII flashback). I wish the male leads were fleshed out a bit more - but maybe Rattigan's play they are. The choice of pop music & violin concerto are so evocative that it makes your chest ache. Really brilliant. Bonus: Cora from Eastenders!

24. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Deep Blue Sea

★★★ that's a lot of passionate cinematography for such an ill-fated and lifeless love affair. Rachel Weisz's restrained performance is astonishing, though (together with THE END OF THE AFFAIR, it would make a great double billing).