1. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film The Deep End

Less artsy-fartsy than Suture, but also less effective. It seems like McGehee and Siegel always build a story around those 2-3 turning points they've meticulously planned to shot in some purely aesthetic manner, but writing a movie is typically the other way around.

2. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Deep End

A fairly competent thriller with homosexual elements that merely feel like a signpost to a path otherwise well trodden. Swinton carries the increasingly far-fetched nonsense with customary cool aplomb.

3. Addy K.'s rating of the film The Deep End

Margaret Hall's (Tilda Swinton) teenage daughter fixes up cars real good. So good in fact that when the town sheriff comes calling about a murder, he smirks: "She'd make a perfect husband for someone". Which is Swinton's character—dutiful mom to a household of children and a grandpa, with no husband in sight. This is the heart of THE DEEP END, an underrated melodrama about Mrs. Hall mixed up in some nasty business.

4. J. O.'s rating of the film The Deep End

More or less a glorified Lifetime movie - but maybe that's because I've never been a member of the cult of Swinton. Couldn't care less about this, couldn't finish it. It certainly wasn't Ophuls.

5. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film The Deep End

Swinton does well enough here, but let's face it, it's not Ophuls, and the homosexual dynamic, while convincing for its end, feels more or less like a mere device than anything else.

6. Berjuan's rating of the film The Deep End

I'll use my "Underrated Card" on this one. Reminds me of Mother but a lot more elegant.

7. ramosbarajas's rating of the film The Deep End

Interesting interview http://www.sbs.com.au/films/article/single/4474/The-Deep-End-Tilda-Swinton-interview

8. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Deep End

an indie gem, a 8/10, my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2012/03/13/last-film-i-saw-the-deep-end/

9. Nutter Jr's rating of the film The Deep End

A pleasant surprise. A thriller with more than one twists. Tilda Swinton is a delight to watch.