1. Ramzi's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

Ignore the haters, great film

2. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

3. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

4. James Mackin's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

A bit too long, but pretty good. John Cazale was looking meek.

5. miles's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

Didn't live up to my expectations a big deal, but still had some good bits in it.

6. Matt Reddick's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

A week afer rewatching Barry Lyndon, I found some similarities in the many, many perfectly framed shots and lush cinematography (different styles of course - esp the emotional) - The craftsmanship was exceptional, behind and in front of the camera. And yet ... I still wasn't moved. It's a fine film. I won't defend it tho.

7. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

Political agenda aside, this was divine cinema at its best.

8. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

A flawed masterpiece thanks in part to Cimino's ideological corruptions. So much of this film arrests the spectator - a pity that Cimino's interpretations of the Vietnam War are so problematic.

9. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

Despite good performances and some good moments here and there (obviously the Russian Roulette sequences), the film has major structural and transitional issues; we see too much of certain things like the wedding and not enough of character development. It never quite figured out what it wanted to to be about so you get three moves in one, which I guess works out okay. The acting is great of course, but Cimino sucks.

10. mac le mac's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

point négatif le traitement des vietnamiens

11. -REM-'s rating of the film The Deer Hunter

12. hellobonjour's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

... the cinematography is beautiful. would investigate the depiction of the vietnamese + intentions of how to depict war

13. John's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

A shallow criticism, but that never ending fucking wedding is what has always kept me from 5 stars. Yes, it illustrates the drastic difference between normal life and horrific war/post-war, while establishing who these characters are, but it always seems like an unnecessary amount of time driving home that point. The movie is near perfect after that.

14. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

A brilliant cast and Robert DeNiro. I will never understand the appeal of him. This is very much a prelude to Heaven's Gate (which I like a lot more). The grade would be one higher if it wasn't for DeNiro.

15. ali di pollo's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

ma non ho capito anche Robert De Niro è mezzo russo?

16. Francisco Mouraz's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

17. MS1915's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

The first act felt too long, but then I realized what it was building to...The Vietnam parts? Masterfully done. I love the fact that this movie portrays PTSD, unlike many other war movies in the genre. At times terribly violent, but other times beautifully poetic.

18. Will Thede's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

I knew nothing about 'The Deer Hunter' going in. Other than it won Best Picture in 1979. At three hours long, it's not really a movie so much as an experience. I'm glad I got to see it last night projected on the big screen in 35mm film.

19. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

20. taniaburrito's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

21. Kate's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

Brutal movie man. Very good acting, very sad realistic story. It def got to me.

22. Aaken's rating of the film The Deer Hunter

Who wasn't deeply affected after watching this film? Its violent lyricism was overwhelming.

23. Jim Fear's rating of the film The Deer Hunter