1. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

First: great Synopsis and Our Take, MUBI. Second: what great silent-movie-worthy acting from the van Ends, except for Manuel whose naturalistic petulant teenager is hysterically funny in contrast. Eva and her red Harold Lloyd glasses and her Buster Keaton face and great racheting eye movements broke my heart with laughter. Funny, funny stuff.

2. dpeterson@comcast.net's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

Call me easy...but this is a real gem. I smoked, I drank...I laughed, I cried...

3. muse_x's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

Such an unpalatable miasma...

4. Mathieu Verbeeck's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

'Little Miss Sunshine' meets 'Dogtooth'

5. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

A cross between a dysfunctional family comedy and a tragedy of identity and dislocation, complete with a camera that circles around the characters like a hovering aircraft. But despite a few flaws, this film will stick with you when it's over. Worth seeing for each character's mental deterioration alone.

6. mpho3's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

Very Welcome to the Dollhouse but also reminded me of Teorema, in which a guest's presence sparks dramatic conflict. Here we have a family surviving largely because they ignore their dysfunction, but Veit's seeming perfection (aside from shit stained drawers), triggers each of them. I found the actual deflowering of Eva pretty distasteful, but the deflowering of the family as a whole interested me. 3.5

7. El Biffo's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

I couldn't watch this film, even though it seemed slightly interesting, because of frequent loud, annoying pop music that was completely unnecessary to the film. It seems like some directors feel a need to include songs for no good reason, maybe because they really like these dumb pop groups or because they just think a film is supposed to have music in it. Whatever the reason, it's gratuitous and made me turn it off

8. Vassilis Tsitsopoulos's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

This is an inane film. In its inanity, however, there are some hints at Germany's hegemonic relationship to Holland and the latter's inability to reflect on it.

9. jamesey's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

Two stars because I didn't laugh, and I didn't care. Laughing is my problem, but how much I cared raises an issue. If you are annoyed by all the characters in a film, can you still like it?

10. ashley george's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

Really beautiful character-driven film about breaking down and starting over. I loved it.

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

12. dave gunn's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

Pretty entertaining to watch the presence of a seemingly perfect outsider cause the unraveling of this dysfunctional family. Fun, funny.

13. Amandenberg's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

It's like Fat Girl and Welcome to the Dollhouse combined. Great.

14. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The Deflowering of Eva van End

This is basically a Todd Solondz' film in Dutch.