1. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film The Demons

Disturbing without seeming to be at first...I suppose that was the point. Begins with an awkward elementary school boy's lust for his teacher, and becomes something much more unsettling. PS I've rarely seen siblings get along so well in either real life or fiction.

2. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Demons

3. Axel's rating of the film The Demons

Holy shit. What did I just watch? Extraordinary use of music... music that will haunt me forever.

4. Sebastian Ballweg's rating of the film The Demons

What a poor story. Does not make it better to put in scenes that seem to never end. Artistic? No, just boring. 2h something waste of time. Hands off!

5. Jarek Tokarski's rating of the film The Demons

Beautiful to watch, although it's hard to be sure what the director wanted to focus on. Still - time not wasted.

6. masashitt's rating of the film The Demons

なんとも言えぬ鑑賞後感・・・映像も独特の空気感で・・・うわぁ・・・

7. Ruben's rating of the film The Demons

All-in-all: a great look. The problem for me is the story: it does not seem to be able to focus. At first, it wanted to tell a story about the drama & horror stories kids are likely to create in their mind, but they find out it is not necesseraly inline with reality. Then this pedophilic killer comes into play to tell us what exactly?!: that these horrors are very real indeed, after all?

8. riraru's rating of the film The Demons

Lange Einstellungen, wenig Handlung, herrlich dräuende Musik, spärlich eingesetzte Lebensfreude und ahnen, nicht zeigen. Sehr "Berliner Schule".

9. Onbestendig's rating of the film The Demons

10. captainfez's rating of the film The Demons

Kids are jerks. So are lifeguards.

11. kowalski's rating of the film The Demons

ANSCHAUEN!!!ANSCHAUEN!!!ANSCHAUEN!!! BESCHTE FRANZÖSISCH!!!BESCHTE!!!

12. ricky_racoon@me.com's rating of the film The Demons

Some of the best cinematography i've seen lately, profound, dense, and intimate. Visually stunning. #cinematography #canada #screenplay.

13. tenonder's rating of the film The Demons

14. somerseson's rating of the film The Demons

A well made film for sure, maybe a little too eager to depict the inner turmoil of a somebody's whose sexual urges drives them to very dark places. I would watch this film again, at some points the acting is beautiful, but maybe there isn't a satisfying final scene and it sags for short periods throughout.

15. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Demons

A fascinating drama that juxtaposes exploratory and troubling acts of children with more dark and disturbing adult behaviour.

16. Michael Diers's rating of the film The Demons

Dieser in Episoden angelegte Film erfüllt die von ihm selbst gesetzten Ansprüche leider nicht. Wenig Dramaturgie und ein unpassender Soundtrack. Die recht guten Leistungen der Kinder retten den Film nicht.

17. Henrique Bacelar's rating of the film The Demons

The narrative is too slow. The film doesn't have a climax or a third act. I had to stop the film and finish it the other day.

18. rociof's rating of the film The Demons

Le falta y sobra potencial. Nunca llegamos a eso que queremos ver.

19. filmotrope's rating of the film The Demons

With impressive long takes, a refined mise-en-scène and an interesting, almost fly-on-the-wall approach, this is a delicate look at a boy's life and fears as he learns about the world, but sadly the film gets lost with a tangential subplot that focuses on another character. http://www.filmotrope.com

20. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The Demons

The banality of evil (filmmaking), courtesy of Haneke. I wish Lesage had the courage of exploring uncharted lands instead of sticking to the canon. So much unrealized potential here.

21. AliceR's rating of the film The Demons

3 and 1/2 stars. very good film, as on the review 'it captures what it feels to be afraid with precision' and it makes you go back to your youngest yeas

22. Superfrog's rating of the film The Demons

Good bits that feel poorly tied together. Overly tedious and unstructured in parts.

23. renzovasquez@gmail.com's rating of the film The Demons

What a beautiful french picture exploring the fears of childhood!

24. mrpasquali's rating of the film The Demons

Five stars for Philippe Lesage first feature. Les Démons is an exceptional film that allows the audience re-create or complete what they see through visually stunning long shots. The investigation into children psychology, and the fears we all have in that age are, also, masterfully treated. The role of music is primordial and very well curated.