1. alfredodimalo's rating of the film The Descendants

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Descendants

THE DESCENDANTS is a feel-good movie. I thought it's about an ordinary family. But I was wrong. It's about a dysfunctional family. I know, the story itself sounds mediocre. Somehow, director Alexander Payne could make the story feels engaging. It's always interesting from start to finish. George Clooney is a perfect choice to portray the main character. He was able to be a funny and depressed at the same time...

3. 94..'s rating of the film The Descendants

4. tri ...'s rating of the film The Descendants

5. lbunuel's rating of the film The Descendants

I watched this in the only way this film should be watched, for all its technical & dramatic prowess: inside an airplane.

6. lidiishere's rating of the film The Descendants

watched it 2 am in local tv and deeply moved by this. I love it!

7. NCMBianchi's rating of the film The Descendants

8. Charlotte Normand's rating of the film The Descendants

9. Mariana Cruz's rating of the film The Descendants

Simultaneously funny and moving, in a weird way. I think I'l learn to appreciate it even more when I reach middle-age.

10. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Descendants

Porcamadonna chi me lo ha fatto fare.

11. aedey's rating of the film The Descendants

Gaya penceritaan yang nyaman untuk diikuti, tak lupa balutan komedi dengan ketepatan timing, mengiringi perjalanan kisah penuh makna dalam bentuk merelakan

12. Cherry's rating of the film The Descendants

3.5 it creeps up on you this film it's strange- it seems dull and lifeless but by the end you end up thinking it was quite good

13. hamsa's rating of the film The Descendants

14. cabrapreta's rating of the film The Descendants

15. Ethan's rating of the film The Descendants

Alexander Payne has a very distinct style that mirrors the New Hollywood of the 70s. This is another great character drama that shows real life issues in a comedic way. Clooney is excellent as usual in this somber comedy.

16. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Descendants

(...) Und George Clooney? Welche Essens sieht Alexander Payne in ihm? Ich denke, es ist vor allem Intelligenz. Nur wenige Schauspieler könnten uns wirklich überzeugen, die vorgeführten Probleme zu durchdringen. Clooney manifestiert sich für mich als der Darsteller, der das kann. Wir sehen ihn, wie er nachdenkt, wir teilen seine Überlegungen und am Ende finden wir die Lösung gemeinsam.

17. Te Pe's rating of the film The Descendants

18. Ahmed Hasan's rating of the film The Descendants

19. Thomas's rating of the film The Descendants

Clooney spends a few sunny weeks in Hawaii... and makes this film while he's there.

20. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Descendants

*1/2. I understand the concept of The Descendants. Hawaï, a territory composed of many islands, the Tranes, a family composed of scattered members and cousins. The film is about reunification. Yes! Yesyesyes. And it's about all, folks. Pretty weak for a film d'auteur. Nearly instant crap.

21. nate451's rating of the film The Descendants

I saw this twice in the theater, and it's probably my favorite film of the last five years. It's too full of great performances to easily single out actors, but George Clooney deserves everything good in his life for the scene of him storming to his neighbors house in flip flops alone. The ending has me in tears every time. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

22. Frederico Cintra Torres's rating of the film The Descendants

23. FAKE_001's rating of the film The Descendants

pior filme do alexander payne.

24. spiderliliez's rating of the film The Descendants

It's nice to see another good movie. "The Descendants" unquestionably doesn't disappoint. There's more about family, marriage, and making the right decisions for those we love amidst heartbreaks and tragedy. Shailene Woodley gives an outstanding performance as George Clooney's troubled but intuitive daughter. I love how this film does things as realistic as possible. It's more than a good drama.