1. Mauby Del Toro's rating of the film The Descendants

surprised, this movie never got dull or boring for me... great pace, script, acting and amazing soundtrack

2. Kenji's rating of the film The Descendants

Shallow smart-arse phoney pap.

3. M****'s rating of the film The Descendants

Wasn't a big fan but it had moments.

4. doltcrow's rating of the film The Descendants

Slightly touching and very sensitive.

5. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film The Descendants

In no way, at any point, did anyone go cave exploring or run into horrible mole men. This is the single worst sequel to a movie ever. I have no idea why anyone would even option the rights to a modern classic in both visceral and psychological horror, only to turn around and make this pile of crap. And moving it from the woods/caves of western Europe to the serene Hawaii? Beyond stupid. I just don't get it.

6. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Descendants

An astounding achievement. It works on every level...it's wrenching, funny, wrenching, funny. It's also one of the best acted films to come along in a long time. Alexander Payne is now 5 for 5.

7. CinematicCenter's rating of the film The Descendants

The Descendants is a powerful and moving film. George Clooney is fantastic!

8. HEDONIST's rating of the film The Descendants

I thought this film had quite a lot of potential but in the end left me with the bitter aftertaste of artificiality and commercialism. There is the huge journey and in the end we are led to the conclusion, an obvious one at that, but we have no resolution -- no satisfaction, no lessons learned. Just nothing. Maybe this is some sort of statement on existentialist malaise. Maybe not. I didn't buy it.

9. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film The Descendants

Partiendo de un material potencialmente melodramático, Alexander Payne construye una película llena de momentos tragicómicos de verdadero calado emocional. Todo el elenco está en estado de gracia (mención aparte a Shailene Woodley y Amara Miller...enormes) George Clooney ofrece, probablemente, su interpretación más lograda hasta la fecha.

10. Christopher Scott Zeidel's rating of the film The Descendants

Not only is Alexander Payne's The Descendants perfection, but it is the only movie I have ever seen that made me teary eyed, and I am not the type of person to cry at movies.

11. abrahamgbj's rating of the film The Descendants

Shailene Woodley is my new Natalie Portman

12. Cesar Vega R.'s rating of the film The Descendants

Muy bien hecha. Alexander Payne es uno de los directores que hay que seguir. Mucho talento.

13. fortytwoshadesofblue's rating of the film The Descendants

The fact that I enjoyed this film so much regardless of a weak structure makes me wonder if I am getting old. Incredible performance by Shailene Woodley.

14. rorydean's rating of the film The Descendants

Hopefully average, painfully ordinary, hum-drum knows no bounds as George Clooney frowns down in Hawaii, Payne's flower shirt ode to everyday troubles where beautiful people have troubles too even in paradise where the last known refuge of the soul is anything but cheating wives and cowardly husbands. Fine when OK is good drama enough but downers are still down irrespective of awards that do well to celebrate bland.

15. Joe Godburn's rating of the film The Descendants

The story of dysfunctional-family-deals-with-tragedy-the-only-way-they-know-how might have been unbearable if not in the hands of some amazing actors and for Payne's gift for character driven story telling.

16. Kaynen's rating of the film The Descendants

Would have gave it 3 stars if it wasn't so similer to "About Schmit"

17. Agustin Alturria's rating of the film The Descendants

The fact that the cheating wife its described like a home-wrecker, drunk and bad mom by most of the characters and we only see her just laying there looking all miserable and sick in a coma, really got to me.

18. criminalmovies's rating of the film The Descendants

quiet movie about watching a family get through a storm together. Clooney is great in a part that seemed made for him, competent and well meaning yet navigating without all the information.

19. petrsc's rating of the film The Descendants

Two stars for beautiful nature. Otherwise :-(

20. Zachary T.'s rating of the film The Descendants

Shailene Woodley was snubbed for a supporting actress nomination. In a really, really big way.

21. DSPRKY's rating of the film The Descendants

Had a luau this morning, so figured this would be an appropriate post-party film. It's fun to revisit a film, even if it's not a particularly great one.

22. Dzimas's rating of the film The Descendants

Really liked this movie. Had a few holes but none too big to fall into.

23. Harrison Keller's rating of the film The Descendants

24. janveneziani's rating of the film The Descendants

Drama no Havaí soa estranho, mas o personagem explica tudo logo nas primeiras frases do filme. Achei bonitinho, mas nada de excepcional...