1. bitterMoo's rating of the film The Descent

nuanced but balanced. simple as that :)

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Descent

I kid you not I thought that was Miranda Cosgrove at the end.

3. ginobartolomi's rating of the film The Descent

an unapologetic 4 stars from me - truly one of the most horrifying films to come out of the 21st century. and an all female cast?? the only male is impaled within the first five minutes and quickly forgotten, make no mistake- this is a women's film through and through

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Descent

Fun, overall; I'd say Juno is probably the biggest immediate source of problems for the movie since she makes the dumb decisions to land the character in their predicament, and she's ultimately a sacrificial lamb of sorts to the character's vengeful fury (over Beth's death too), but it's still a pretty good time, overall, landing some really striking angular lines in its shots, especially towards the end.

5. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film The Descent

6. F/K's rating of the film The Descent

Great throwback to 80's horror films, knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat and ends in a very clever and smart way

7. Rocco's rating of the film The Descent

Even twelve years on, it's still astounding what Marshall was able to do with some rocks, some shadows, and a game cast. Even on a second, tenth, or twentieth watch it sets the pulse pounding using the primal fears of dark places and being prey to something stronger and hungrier than you. Fear and filmmaking don't come much purer than this.

8. cyberia's rating of the film The Descent

9. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Descent

Was entertaining but I don't need to see it again.

10. Ghostman's rating of the film The Descent

A great horror film made with extreme precision and skill and strong female characters. We need more of this ASAP.

11. richardlawrn's rating of the film The Descent

good. watched the unrated version, btw.

12. THE APOLL0's rating of the film The Descent

Great utility in cinema for the unnerving return to the primordial underpinned by visually revealed inter-character drama.

13. Rafael Zen's rating of the film The Descent

I really don't see what's the big bang about this one: it has good ideas and it's not only horror - it's agony, but the whole monster thing is just too cheesy. One thing I can say: this was one of those i-will-definitely-watch-this-someday-soon-maybe-next-year and, now that I did, it has not aged well. Nice scenes and nice genre starter, though.

14. FISCHER's rating of the film The Descent

Un certain renouvellement dans l'horreur et le fantastique par un metteur en scène (peut-être) à suivre dans ses futures réalisations... www.cinefiches.com

15. Evan Schafer's rating of the film The Descent

All I will say is that the horror film I was expecting to watch is nothing like what I came away feeling like with this film. Not only is it brilliantly bloody and cringe-worthy at all the right moments, but the female cast mixed with fighting off creepy cave dwellers fit perfectly with the already dim atmosphere of the uncharted caves. The music score also adds in where it should. See this if you like a surprise.

16. s77's rating of the film The Descent

17. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The Descent

Been trying to get into this film for long time and finally enjoyed it, from the moment our heroines went into the cave it felt like there was lots of "underground filmmaking" and use of red lighting. All in all: a dark, gory, claustrophobic, atmospheric, entertaining, & well-made trip most horror fans can dive into. 4/5

18. Yayo's rating of the film The Descent

Good blood cavern movie.

19. Absentia's rating of the film The Descent

20. Linda's rating of the film The Descent

holy crap. first of all: a group of strong, not sexualized women, applause to that. secondly: I would have constant panic attacks even being in those caves, that is a horror movie by itself! but then the creatures? terrifying. the ending was just awesome, I was expecting a twist in a way, but I didn't expect that. Great horror film!

21. Nicole Richie's rating of the film The Descent

22. John H. Nomedal's rating of the film The Descent

An original story where a bunch of women explore a mountain cave were soon to be discovered stone textured predators live. There will be plenty of blood and gore but not without a fight. However ocational bad sets, sloppy cinematography and strange acting or should I say lazy character direction made this more frightening to me when I saw this as a teenager than it did just now 11 years later.

23. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Descent

24. lisa's rating of the film The Descent

i don't care what anyone says because even after watching it lots of times this is still one of the best horror movies i have ever seen. i almost forgot that we watched it in bed this halloween and that afterward i was too scared when i woke in the middle of the night to roll my back to the bedroom door for a cuddle lest the Mole Men get me

← Previous 1 3 4