1. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Descent

Was entertaining but I don't need to see it again.

2. Ghostman's rating of the film The Descent

A great horror film made with extreme precision and skill and strong female characters. We need more of this ASAP.

3. richardlawrn's rating of the film The Descent

claustrophobic! at the end, I was like OH NO, PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME THIS SHITTY END!!! and then OH YEAH, THAT'S HOW U DO IT!! loved it! p.s. I watched the unrated version

4. THE APOLL0's rating of the film The Descent

Great utility in cinema for the unnerving return to the primordial underpinned by visually revealed inter-character drama.

5. Rafael Zen's rating of the film The Descent

I really don't see what's the big bang about this one: it has good ideas and it's not only horror - it's agony, but the whole monster thing is just too cheesy. One thing I can say: this was one of those i-will-definitely-watch-this-someday-soon-maybe-next-year and, now that I did, it has not aged well. Nice scenes and nice genre starter, though.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film The Descent

Un certain renouvellement dans l'horreur et le fantastique par un metteur en scène (peut-être) à suivre dans ses futures réalisations... www.cinefiches.com

7. Evan Schafer's rating of the film The Descent

All I will say is that the horror film I was expecting to watch is nothing like what I came away feeling like with this film. Not only is it brilliantly bloody and cringe-worthy at all the right moments, but the female cast mixed with fighting off creepy cave dwellers fit perfectly with the already dim atmosphere of the uncharted caves. The music score also adds in where it should. See this if you like a surprise.

8. s77's rating of the film The Descent

9. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The Descent

Been trying to get into this film for long time and finally enjoyed it, from the moment our heroines went into the cave it felt like there was lots of "underground filmmaking" and use of red lighting. All in all: a dark, gory, claustrophobic, atmospheric, entertaining, & well-made trip most horror fans can dive into. 4/5

10. Yayo's rating of the film The Descent

Good blood cavern movie.

11. Absentia's rating of the film The Descent

12. Linda's rating of the film The Descent

holy crap. first of all: a group of strong, not sexualized women, applause to that. secondly: I would have constant panic attacks even being in those caves, that is a horror movie by itself! but then the creatures? terrifying. the ending was just awesome, I was expecting a twist in a way, but I didn't expect that. Great horror film!

13. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film The Descent

14. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film The Descent

15. John H. Nomedal's rating of the film The Descent

An original story where a bunch of women explore a mountain cave were soon to be discovered stone textured predators live. There will be plenty of blood and gore but not without a fight. However ocational bad sets, sloppy cinematography and strange acting or should I say lazy character direction made this more frightening to me when I saw this as a teenager than it did just now 11 years later.

16. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Descent

17. lisa's rating of the film The Descent

i don't care what anyone says because even after watching it lots of times this is still one of the best horror movies i have ever seen. i almost forgot that we watched it in bed this halloween and that afterward i was too scared when i woke in the middle of the night to roll my back to the bedroom door for a cuddle lest the Mole Men get me

18. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film The Descent

(Generous) 7 - I could talk about this film's adherence to genre stereotypes, like its flagrant abuse of annoying jump scares (though it actually avoids a lot of other stereotypes by the mere virtue of having actual characters), until the cows came home; that would be missing its point. Flawed as the film is, the set design is so terrific that it almost single-handedly makes it worth watching. Claustrotacular.

19. David.A.P.D.'s rating of the film The Descent

Claustrophobic people will really enjoy this movie. ;)

20. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Descent

21. ionosonde's rating of the film The Descent

starts out tense and keeps stepping it up all the way to the end. has some strikingly wonderful cinematography, especially at the end.

22. luís debonoir's rating of the film The Descent

23. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film The Descent

Like Carpenter's The Thing, Marshall finds in a dark desolate place the perfect setting to create anxiety and distrust amongst a group of people. Unlike many modern horrors which peak early and then die out, Descent steadily builds up the dread until the end. Achieved by the cave's increasing hostility—attacking physically and mentally—which pits them against feral beings that serve as a bridge to their own oblivion.

24. Levent Güçer's rating of the film The Descent