1. ebabehh's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

On the one hand, praise be to weird, unpretentious people with imperfect bodies and voices who nonetheless are brave enough to express real feeling through their art, and are rewarded for doing so. On the other hand, as demonstrated by the very existence of the film and the people surrounding DJ, many of his struggles and triumphs were generated by the American fame machine.

2. crnstsc's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

3. Blue Roses's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

4. Braden Vallenères's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

It's amazing how much film and video exists that was shot by Johnston or his contemporaries. Excellent use of that original footage all throughout this film.

5. antibody's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

6. Dries's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

buon documentario su un personaggio ALLUCINANTE !! Colonna sonora meravigliosa

7. Héctor Olguín's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

Gran retrato de tono agridulce. La edición y la fotografía están en la misma sintonía que la pureza, el absurdo y la intensidad que componen la vida y mente de Daniel Johnston. "Una estela de destrucción y creación" este singular y entrañable documental.

8. Tiphaine Tatin de Lattre's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

Très bien réalisé, à partir de très peu d'archives personnelles. Intéressant de voir comment troubles mentaux et création se mêlent, loin des clichés. Mais même si j'aime bcp la musique de D.J., je me suis demandée à chaque visionnage du film pourquoi tous les folkeux interviewés disent l'avoir immédiatement considéré comme un génie. C'est un peu comme dans "Les habits neufs de l'empereur", d'Andersen...

9. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

he is so creepy that I can barely breathe

10. Thijmen's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

Great documentary about a beautiful mind

11. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

Proof there's no 'one rule fits all' with regards to art and music. Daniel Johnston is a marvel.

12. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

13. dakotah's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

true love will find you in the end will always make me teary

14. bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

Made me dislike Daniel Johnston a little bit and that makes me sad :(

15. Severus Snape's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

16. Jack Ea's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

17. anitasec's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

one hell of a movie, i feel connected with him but unfortunately i dont have his talent!

18. siperisaika's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

it's so sad to see a beautiful and creative human being strive so much against a mental illness. this movie really broke my heart, my tears were about to fall every time and i tried to hold them back... but at the same time it filled me with hope with the little dance dan did at the very end :) at least he seems better and happier now. love you daniel!

19. Pedro Ponte's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

Will rip your heart right out of your chest and crush your soul and somehow still make you glad you watched it. Which is sort of how you feel when you listen to Johnston's music, when you think to yourself "wow, okay, this kind of genius does exist, and it can't really exist without madness and crippling loneliness and gallons of tears."

20. David's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

Some people just want to do art for the rest of their lives.

21. Endless Eye's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

It's been a while since I've seen this movie, but it's one of my favorite documentaries. Random favorite moment: The floating space odyssey shot of the interior of the hot dog stand.

22. pedro eira's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

I can hear the Johnston during 432891075043102398650742 consecutive seconds ! @ ♥ ♥ ♥

23. Zach Laney's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

Broke my heart into a million pieces.

24. nargs_au's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Johnston

was lucky enough to see Daniel Johnston live a few years back, just wish i saw this documentary before then. there's so much i didn't know :(