1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Webster

A wise, humble, simple morality play with a nice, symbolic spit-and-polish.

2. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Webster

Do they all look like moths?

3. Mark's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Webster

The greatest Faustian film ever made - a gorgeous melding of Americana with German Expressionism, Walter Huston slyly plays Mr. Scratch and Edward Arnold matches him as the great orator who defends Jabez Stone with a rousing speech about freedom. F/X, Photography and Bernard Herrmann's beautiful music are all tops.

4. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Webster

★★★★ be glad of the rain, the storm and the hail.

5. Dave's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Webster

It has moments and individual scenes of spectacular artistry, but as a whole it doesn't come together as well as I hoped, or thought, it would. Solid effort, but doesn't supplant Portrait of Jennie as my favorite Dieterle film.

6. Ryan Estabrooks's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Webster

A little too old-fashioned for my tastes but it has some great moments and is worth a watch.

7. Johnny DuBiel's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Webster

Dieterle was an underrated studio director. This and 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' are evidence of his strengths, but his films have aged more than those of his contemporaries. Huston gives a deliciously impish performance (no matter how much his characterization threatens to become unhinged, he keeps control), but the rest of the cast hasn't stood the test of time in the same way. Still, a brilliantly crafted movie.

8. REH1101's rating of the film The Devil and Daniel Webster

My favorite movie. An entertaining, humorous, perceptive and deceptively simple tale of morality told through dream-like imagery, with absolutely no use exploitation (aside from the use of a devil.) I can't really think of what else I'd want out of a story? 5 stars.