1. Pango's rating of the film The Devils

This is a masterpiece. It probably goes straight to become my favourite film of all time. So terrifying and horrific. I thought that the set design by Derek Jarman was a genius idea. Those white tall wall are evocative of Fascist architecture, but it never clashes with the historical accuracy of the horrors in the film. Vanessa Redgrave and Oliver Reed are beyond incredible. I am saddened I can't give more stars.

2. fahmi khoirussani's rating of the film The Devils

horror relasi kuasa. tentang manufaktur ketakutan oleh penguasa dengan legitimasi sabda tuhan. foucault 101

3. luisglhrms's rating of the film The Devils

Ho-ho-ho-ho-ho. Delightfully devilish, Seymour.

4. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Devils

Russell, through the maniacal coitus of visual and narrative designs, touched the threshold between what can be called True religion, which informs and provokes, seeking Divinity - and False religion, manifest in Man, built only for subjugation and repression. This is banned not because of its visuals, but because it speaks truth to this power, revealing with screams how we delude ourselves into submissive ideologies

5. bryanvmh's rating of the film The Devils

"This film is based upon fact... the major events actually took place" *throws alligator*

6. bima ferdinandsyah's rating of the film The Devils

Despite my moral and ethical objections, I must admit this is well-made film

7. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Devils

It's a bit overwrought. All the different elements work well together. The music enhances the hysteria, and the set design and costumes are amazing. It draws you in and repels you at the same time.

8. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Devils

7.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-33E

9. Elena Boldor's rating of the film The Devils

A masterpiece worthy of causing contempt and disgust among christian fanatics.

10. Elise Stambul's rating of the film The Devils

11. PinkEyeMorrison's rating of the film The Devils

12. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film The Devils

brutal sacrilege is my favorite sacrilege. much love to russell and especially vanessa redgrave in this

13. anacecil's rating of the film The Devils

Excelente !!!! La vida de las monjas obligadas a estar en conventos por su condición económica, sus frustaciones, su sexualidad y su vida religiosa tortuosa y dura, las separa de la realidad

14. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film The Devils

3,5 in realta', ma si prende 4 stelle perche' lo merita

15. ermete polpette's rating of the film The Devils

16. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film The Devils

Re-watched. Oh my God, A MASTERPIECE.

17. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Devils

18. William R Clark's rating of the film The Devils

Miracles do happen! Russell and Watkins' compositions POP, from the crowded orgies, to the perfectly off center placement of Redgrave's head amidst fearful symmetry, to those that track flights of wistful, theatrical fantasy, to the painterly court. Within seconds I was pretty sure this film could take me anywhere. de Certeau's "Possession at Loudun" is great supplemental reading.

19. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film The Devils

Two millennia of guilt & fear, the greatest lie ever told. God's not real, not in the sense these people believed; rather, god is a flimsy excuse for the basest, most vile components of man. These devils aren't devils, they're the self-righteous, power-hungry church/state-complex. The horror in Russell's film is not genre but the horror of suffering people inflict unto one another. Also, crocodile swordfight. Amen.

20. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film The Devils

21. Rocco's rating of the film The Devils

There's never been a film quite like this. Praying til my hands are bloody for a Criterion blu release!

22. fred boswell's rating of the film The Devils

Would love to duct tape presidential candidate Ted Cruz and his tea party minions to a oxford chair and make `em watch this movie over and over;-)

23. Videograms's rating of the film The Devils

Watched the Fan Cut by angrybunny@CG (KG peeps, anyone back me on this?) and was bloooown away

24. ehk2's rating of the film The Devils

oh lord! how I love blasphemy, sacrilege, heresy and obscenity!

← Previous 1 3 4 5