1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Devils

It's a bit overwrought. All the different elements work well together. The music enhances the hysteria, and the set design and costumes are amazing. It draws you in and repels you at the same time.

2. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Devils

7.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-33E

3. Elena Boldor's rating of the film The Devils

A masterpiece worthy of causing contempt and disgust among christian fanatics.

4. Elise Stambul's rating of the film The Devils

5. PinkEyeMorrison's rating of the film The Devils

6. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film The Devils

brutal sacrilege is my favorite sacrilege. much love to russell and especially vanessa redgrave in this

7. anacecil's rating of the film The Devils

Excelente !!!! La vida de las monjas obligadas a estar en conventos por su condición económica, sus frustaciones, su sexualidad y su vida religiosa tortuosa y dura, las separa de la realidad

8. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film The Devils

3,5 in realta', ma si prende 4 stelle perche' lo merita

9. ermete polpette's rating of the film The Devils

10. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film The Devils

Re-watched. Oh my God, A MASTERPIECE.

11. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Devils

12. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film The Devils

Miracles do happen! Russell and Watkins' compositions POP, from the crowded orgies, to the perfectly off center placement of Redgrave's head amidst fearful symmetry, to those that track flights of wistful, theatrical fantasy, to the painterly court. Within seconds I was pretty sure this film could take me anywhere. de Certeau's "Possession at Loudun" is great supplemental reading.

13. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film The Devils

Two millennia of guilt & fear, the greatest lie ever told. God's not real, not in the sense these people believed; rather, god is a flimsy excuse for the basest, most vile components of man. These devils aren't devils, they're the self-righteous, power-hungry church/state-complex. The horror in Russell's film is not genre but the horror of suffering people inflict unto one another. Also, crocodile swordfight. Amen.

14. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film The Devils

15. Rocco's rating of the film The Devils

There's never been a film quite like this. Praying til my hands are bloody for a Criterion blu release!

16. fred boswell's rating of the film The Devils

Would love to duct tape presidential candidate Ted Cruz and his tea party minions to a oxford chair and make `em watch this movie over and over;-)

17. Videograms's rating of the film The Devils

Watched the Fan Cut by angrybunny@CG (KG peeps, anyone back me on this?) and was bloooown away

18. ehk2's rating of the film The Devils

oh lord! how I love blasphemy, sacrilege, heresy and obscenity!

19. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Devils

What is it of the early 70's that saw incredible movies like this one being produced? It's an amazing story (based on Huxley), incredible acting (I love Redgrave) and production (Derek Jarman as set designer)... WOW!!

20. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Devils

21. jxn's rating of the film The Devils

now i'm gonna get on my knees and pray we someday receive the uncut release we deserve.

22. Finbar Somers's rating of the film The Devils

You'll never believe in god again

23. Arf's rating of the film The Devils

24. Charles Coleman's rating of the film The Devils

Just a beautifully made, thoughtful, powerful piece of work that has a number of laughs to go with its dread and sorrow. Great film.

← Previous 1 3 4