1. TheCentralRuhr's rating of the film The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Absolutely lives up to the Satie pieces in the soundtrack. Impressionistic in design without ever condescending to evoke the feeling through shorthand; one finds tremendous intrigue in the things they cannot fully perceive.

2. 马路天使's rating of the film The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

3. lewis_longshanks's rating of the film The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

While it is fair to call this cinematic adaptation of The Vanishment of Haruhi as a long, if jarring, end to the light-hearted tone of the animated series, it deserves far more recongition because of it. This movie represents the coming-of-age in Kyon's character, from wanting to avoid the absurdity of his situation to outright embracing it by the movie's end. It is a beautiful picture with a whole lot of heart.

4. MGeo's rating of the film The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

This movie makes mad on based on the fact that it is held up as this masterpiece by fans of the show (I am also a fan of the show), but it is so far from that. It is an overly long, pointlessly slow, adaptation of a novel. Don't get me wrong, I think the story is great and I like the story they tell; but it is a literal novel-to-screen translation. If it were at 90 minutes, I wouldn't complain, but it is a bad movie.