1. nona vanis's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

2. pluviosity's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

Most people like The Room just because it made them feel good about themselves. Sounds brutal? Just see the filmmakers and actors' statements at the beginning of this movie, and how James Franco played caricature of Tommy Wiseau's character in The Room. Dave Franco was quite nice though, and it got less worse near the ending.

3. whimisical melancholy's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

4. Vlad Ţînţaş's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

5. Enrico Benarivo's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

6. {anna malina}'s rating of the film The Disaster Artist

As my goal with these posts is to learn something from every film or music video even if I don't like it too much, I have been wondering for days, what to get from this. Looking at the wiki page of The Disaster Artist, the name Angelyne caught my attention, as mononyms (another term just learned) often tend to do. I can't remember noticing her before, but surely I must have. Even German TV wanted her in 1988.

7. Pao's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

“I did not hit her. It's not true. It's bullshit. I did not hit her. I did not. Oh, hi Mark.” The intriguing performance of James Franco does justice to the enigmatic character of Tommy Wiseau.

8. ap's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

9. Miguel Plante's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

Le film de Franco parvient à capter l'essence du classique de Wiseau avec beaucoup de génie. Ce ne serait pas de faire un grand compliment que de dire qu'il est meilleur que «The Room», mais au moins, il est une excellente raison pour écouter le film de Tommy Wiseau. Oh, hey, Mark!

10. Chichago_'s rating of the film The Disaster Artist

Not sure whether I am watching James Franco playing Tommy Wiseau or Tommy Wiseau playing himself in a film about him.

11. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

Loving pastiche of a cult film catastrophe

12. Mr.Rager's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

What did Franco wanted to achieve with this project? To make fun and to be rude seems like some good answers. It wasn't worthy to recreate the story behind the worst (cult) movie ever. The movie was kinda fun but i felt so much pity. Franco did a good job,his resemblance with the real Tommy was truly genuine. 6.5/10. Franco does like +7 projects a year, some of them being pathetic (at first sight). So jokes on him.

13. matelot's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

14. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

15. Rowan Ah-See's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

16. blkrchs's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

17. F/K's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

Wonderfully acted and very funny at times, But James Franco as a director is incompetent, his direction feels very amateurish and inept

18. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

Probably better than THE ROOM.

19. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

Entertaining, even touching rendition of the story behind the notorious "worst film ever made". (Generally, I think the cult around "The Room" is very artificial and not really justified by its awfulness.)

20. Skinnedteen's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

It’s like taking a stroll on Hollywood Boulevard and paying $5-$10 to take pictures with sidewalk characters who came to LA with a dream of becoming a big star. Tommy has a confidence of a Journey song, but stuck in a depressing Hollywood delusion. A joke where everyone is laughing but you.

21. Madeleine Davis's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

which was worse, the room or disaster artist?

22. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LISA!!

23. Žymantė Tra's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

24. ccconly's rating of the film The Disaster Artist

This film had a lot of really fun moments but ultimately felt like it was trying desperately to find a message in its mess.