1. Justin Crowe's rating of the film The Discovery

started out very good, great concept.. then by the time the true "discovery" was revealed it just seemed anticlimactic. great visuals and music though

2. Mr.Rager's rating of the film The Discovery

This movie tackles an interesting story but unfortunately in the end the result is kinda bad. In my perspective, i'm not in agreement with the way that things are put,with the director's vision and for that reason i was not impresed or touched emotionally. Another problem is the lack of chemistry between Mara and Segel and in my opinion definitely one of those two actors should have been replaced. 5/10.

3. ryan brennan's rating of the film The Discovery

Tremendous idea - poorly realized execution and casting. Segel was not up to the task and Redford was much too large for his role. The biggest mistake was having the majority of the films plot serve the twist...the twist should always service the plot. Will remain excited for McDowells work ahead if he continues taking big swings. This should not keep people from watch or revisiting the brilliance of The One I Love.

4. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film The Discovery

The visual style of the film represent the contents: bleak and blue.

5. jeanlice's rating of the film The Discovery

I'm flabbergasted about all the reactions this film generates. The Discovery is a fantastic little gem of a beautifully crazy mindfuck. I was astonished about its quality after peaking at some reviews. if somebody who has seen it could enlighten me about its flaws, I'd be thankful. and everyone else, go, and watch it!

6. grotescsetorg's rating of the film The Discovery

7. Tasha saraswati's rating of the film The Discovery

Interesting premise, but IMHO it is somehow lacking in execution

8. Bea Vea's rating of the film The Discovery

I love surprising/mind blowing endings, but the story spun its way into a black hole and used that kind of ending to dig itself out. I was very disappointed, considering that I loved McDowell's other film, 'The One I Love'.

9. Daniel Garcia's rating of the film The Discovery

10. Louis Robert's rating of the film The Discovery

J'aurais donné 5 étoiles si l'histoire et le rythme du film n'était pas aussi bof. Le concept et les thèmes philosophiques viennent vraiment sauver le film lorsque qu'on s'y attarde. J'aime quand un film laisse sa trace dans mon tête et me fait réfléchir tandis le film est fini depuis longtemps.

11. Oli's rating of the film The Discovery

LOVED IT. WISH ROONEY MARA AND JASON SEGEL WERE A REAL LIFE RELATIONSHIP

12. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Discovery

I really wish people in the film didn't verbally refer to the event as "The Discovery." The film actually has a cool sci-fi concept that was wasted on some inhuman performances and a story line ultimately void of conflict. The last 5-10 minutes just came off as really goofy. I do give props to some of McDowell's directing choices--he succeeded in making the whole process of searching for the afterlife pretty creepy.

13. vordven's rating of the film The Discovery

14. Fabio Di Felice's rating of the film The Discovery

È il nuovo film prodotto da Netflix col piglio dell'indipendente ma con attori tutt'altro che sconosciuti. L'idea è interessante, ma già dall'inizio le cose non tornano: il punto centrale, i suicidi, sono poco credibili, non hanno un vero senso e a poco servono le migliaia di spiegoni. La Scoperta fa l'enorme errore di comunicare pochissimo attraverso le immagini ma di innaffiarti di chiacchiere.

15. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Discovery

Il tema trattato è iper-affascinante ed ha sviluppato una miriade di saggi e lavori a tema,ma questo di McDowell non verrà certo ricordato tra i migliori. La regia è troppo morbida,i personaggi non hanno uno spessore marcato(Redford per esempio non esiste proprio),e solo il carisma della Mara rende la vicenda un tantino accattivante. Il finale in loop è già visto ed abusato,ed il tutto sà troppo di insipido. Peccato.

16. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film The Discovery

Don't let me start at what potential they ruined. You had a blonde Rooney Mara and the afterlife, and you lost it all...

17. Tigrão's rating of the film The Discovery

Brilliant start, but unfortunately, like many high concepts films, it goes downhill from there.

18. surgery-ethic's rating of the film The Discovery

"Sometimes I feel like I'm taking someone else's spot and then I feel sad. Like, being here alive is a waste because i don't enjoy it, I'm not happy or grateful and I'm taking a spot away from someone who maybe would've gotten something more out of it."

19. abyantama's rating of the film The Discovery

Black Mirror: San Junipero (7/10)

20. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film The Discovery

premise very interesting if u ignore storyline

21. Rubia Carolina's rating of the film The Discovery

Just truly realized that any experience we have with a movie is based on such a personal baggage that ratings and movie reviews are more like notes for onself than anything else. That said, The Discovery is much better than I expected, yet not good enough. So promising, it leaves you with that feeling of things that could've happened and people you could´ve met but didn´t.

22. Max Swanson's rating of the film The Discovery

Segel is miscast and Mara is literally a manic pixie girl.

23. Panda's rating of the film The Discovery

I liked it. I liked the colour palette, the tone, the mood, the use of sound. It's nice to see grand ideas executed in smaller ways. It wasn't perfect but it worked in it's own way

24. FCC 86's rating of the film The Discovery

"Proof shouldn't be overwhelming. It should be definitive"