1. Walker's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

My appreciation for Buñel seems to grow after each film of his that I watch. His whole body of work is like one big vision that's humorous, entertaining, sly, terrifying...

2. ginobartolomi's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

not my fav buñuel. although it has its moments, it seemed a bit redundant to 'exterminating angel'. also felt like it was about three hours long because nothing significant ever happens, which, I suppose, is the general idea of the film...

3. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

Entertaining watch, but far from my favorite Buñuel. Within the playground the filmmaker likes to explore, I find Belle de Jour and Exterminating Angel to be much more accomplished films. Still, it's always a pleasure observing an actor like Fernando Rey portray smugness in such a delightfully satiric fashion.

4. lbunuel's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

I find it hard to talk about this because I love it too much. It's the funniest, chilliest and most poetic nightmare anyone has ever attempted to commit to the screen. Everything by Buñuel is sublime, but this is one of his greatest achievements. Masterpiece.

5. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

6. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

Impressive what can happen when snobs with eyes only for food gets interrupted all the time and have meaningless paranoid dreams. Absurd and hilarious surreal movie that may be hard to absorb after just one viewing. Needs many viewings to really be appreciated as it is fun with a lot of small details to analyze.

7. B o g d a n's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

primul film la care adorm involuntar

8. dionysus67's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

An ingenious and diachronic anarchic essay on the bourgeois (eternal) recurrence of the same in the politics of physical space. The stasis of the bourgeois home is the flipside to the bourgeoisie's road to nowhere. Both movements are tail-chasing indulgence, charming in its skillful complicity. An institutional explosion from one of cinema's gardener of guiltless bourgeois souls. Impeccably acted this speaks volumes!

9. Chorizophrenic's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

10. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

3-4. Docking points due to what appears to be a lack of an engine for conflict, as well as the way some characters dilute others. But the way Bunuel coyly exposes the quiet cruelty of his bourgeois characters is delightful. Special mention goes to the thread about the priest whose class masks his spirituality to his rich companions. And the cutaways to characters walking have an intriguing spiritual answer.

11. M Madalena Alves's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

12. dordairobert's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

13. TheotherJones's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

The film that asks the fascinating question, "Will these characters ever get to eat?"

14. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

Not quite biting the hand that feeds him, but a fair proportion of Bunuel's audience is simultaneously skewered in this delicious laceration of haute bourgeoisie mores and rituals. Perhaps his most approachable work and a good starting point for the waking surrealism that confounds and bewilders all that is hypocritical established. An hilarious summation of recurring themes, notably from The Exterminating Angel.

15. dave gunn's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

An amusing surrealist take on yuppie entitlement and apathy. As they pursue the dinner they deserve at any and all costs, the dramatic and absurd is reduced to banality while formalities, mundane chit-chat, and their collective hedonism drive them.

16. jonijtr's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

ah the bourgeoisie carnival party, always with witty laugh

17. anacecil's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

Clásico de Luis Buñuel, se burla de la sociedad, se burla del espectador !!! Sin embargo nos hace reir mucho !!

18. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

A satiric view about bourgeois/upper middle class people. Luis Buñuel is the only guy - I think - who can make a movie about it. Honestly, it's a little bit confusing at first. But, I can assure you that this movie will become more interesting. I think Buñuel likes to make fun of fetishes. There's a priest who likes to dressed as gardener. Sounds weird? Remember, you're watching a Luis Buñuel's movie...

19. Aardsy's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

It's so hard to get a good meal.

20. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

My review: https://letterboxd.com/dynamitefilms/film/the-discreet-charm-of-the-bourgeoisie/

21. Tatami's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

"Mais qu'est-ce que vous fumez colonel ?" "De la marijuana ! Vous en voulez ?"

22. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

This could almost be called an influence on Inception on account of now many dreams within dreams within dreams there are. It's primarily a takedown of the bourgeoisie class, but I think there's something else lying below the skin, something more sinister, something probably just slightly too out of reach to be able to grasp, or comprehend fully.

23. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

24. ap's rating of the film The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie