1. bagno's rating of the film The Ditch

2. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film The Ditch

A history of human effort. http://theflickeringwall.blogspot.pt/2015/11/a-few-thoughts-on-wang-bing-inspired-by.html

3. José Neves's rating of the film The Ditch

Bing "makes the style" of his documentaries, turning what was the result of a dynamic process of investigative pursuing into a trademark style effect, reverberating some fatigue and suspicion that i may could have from some of his films. However, it moves and some scenes are real moments of filmic endurance, like the one depicted in the still, prevailing a suspicion of a taste for the exhibition of the morbid .

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Ditch

documentaire très poignant !... Merci MUBI, continuez à passer les documentaires de WANG BING, ils vous font réfléchir.

5. paxy's rating of the film The Ditch

6. Sirius_911's rating of the film The Ditch

Une fresque au plus près de la réalité oppressante de la vie des prisonniers politiques dans la Chine de Mao. La mise en scène sobre et lisse, si elle créée parfois une certaine distance entre le spectateur et les personnages, permet au final de rendre au mieux ce que le film veut montrer: une réalité crue, où les hommes ne cherchent finalement qu'à préserver le peu d'humanité qui leur reste.

7. Caillouquiroule's rating of the film The Ditch

Un film terrifiant. La reconstitution est incroyable, tant Wang Bing arrive à suggérer une ampleur gigantesque avec des moyens qui semblent dérisoires.

8. cabecassis@free.fr's rating of the film The Ditch

9. Nadin's rating of the film The Ditch

My first Wang Bing films and I was taken by it. I admire the director's efforts to make a film about silenced history. But the woman character ruins the film. She brings in artificiality and a popular cinema-ish touch to the otherwise painful film. More on my website: http://goo.gl/q6le8P

10. E's rating of the film The Ditch

It's like every other film I've seen is irrelevant. No other filmmaker speaks to me like Wang Bing.

11. julianross12's rating of the film The Ditch

short review for my Sydney Film Festival report for Electric Sheep Magazine: http://www.electricsheepmagazine.co.uk/news/2011/07/06/sydney-film-festival-2011/

12. Scott Barley's rating of the film The Ditch

The earnest asceticism and humanity in Bing's work is often too much to bear; his work is monumental.

13. Corriel's rating of the film The Ditch

An interesting story but unfortunate long and boring rendition.

14. Cosi's rating of the film The Ditch

The accommodation didn't look too bad!

15. Gondo's rating of the film The Ditch

Jouffroy once said: "The key to history is not in history itself: it's in the people." But what if people forgot ? How can we learn from the past if the present doesn't wan't to remember it ?