1. thebpicture's rating of the film The Divorcee

Cute film. My first Norma film, she's so cute! Great film exploring the two sexes, interesting to study. This is def a top pre code film

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Divorcee

Academy award earned by Norma Shearer. No wonder considering how many times she's looking at the camera to be sure she's accurately centered (I'm not joking, it's staggering!). Highly recommended.

3. Catherine Krummey's rating of the film The Divorcee

"We'll go all the places and do all the things."

4. Charles Coleman's rating of the film The Divorcee

3 1/2. Starts out very promising, Norma Shearer gives one of her best performances as the divorcee but the movie comes to a complete halt when the movie goes away from it's principles and becomes a moral post code soap box. The movie does have a great post breakup montage where Shearer sows a lot of oats, putting a lot of modern movies to shame. It's a really splendidly done piece of film.

5. Dave's rating of the film The Divorcee

The ending was a bit of a cop out, but it still remains a very, very good pre-code film and one I would highly recommend. Even with a bit of a cop-out, I don't think it detracts from the film overall I don't have a lot of experience with the films of Norma Shearer, but I thought she was great in this one - a much deserved Oscar win for her.

6. axsaxs's rating of the film The Divorcee

The ending was such a cop out (just like in The Women).

7. oldfilmsflicker's rating of the film The Divorcee