1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Doll

2. 絵莉's rating of the film The Doll

Ossi was such a genius actress and so adorable.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Doll

Un festival d'humour grotesque ! www.cinefiches.com

4. suede's rating of the film The Doll

3/10. One of the most disappointing films from Lubitsch's Berlin period, this is a plain, highly repetitive slapstick fairy tale. Am puzzled by its high ratings, esp. compared to other early silents by the man. In spite of a few memorable visuals—a wonderful introductory cameo by EL, the cardboard scenery, the hilarious "horses", the doll's controls—the ~65 min runtime was tough. Saw it with a poor accordeon score.

5. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Doll

Hilarante comedia de situaciones silente representada a modo teatral que mezcla el montaje absurdo, que de hecho es la gran cuota humorística del filme. Lubitsch tiene ingenio para provocar la carcajada, pero también la modestia al momento de no crear la gran historia ni la vasta puesta en mise en scene.

6. msmichel's rating of the film The Doll

Early Lubitsch silent comedy that seems to have an interesting undertone of male fear of female sexuality lurking throughout. It's a slight comedy that wears out its short running time early but an interesting curio none the less.

7. Dogville59's rating of the film The Doll

That was a fun creative movie. I laughed so much.

8. filmcapsule's rating of the film The Doll

A delightful early Lubitsch comedy that shows his visual creativity and witty remove from the petty machinations of man. I love how the film frames the action within a dollhouse and carries that comedic unreality throughout, from the self-consciously phony backdrops to the hilarious horse costumes.

9. samlane's rating of the film The Doll

Loved the early use of breaking the fourth wall...

10. Ethan's rating of the film The Doll

11. wolfmansRazor's rating of the film The Doll

Vastly underseen. A bizarre and astonishing comedy of the male attempt to harness and control female sexuality. I'm not sure any movie has ever so successfully satirized male disgust/fear/fascination of female sexuality, and with such gleeful gusto!

12. Sérgio P.'s rating of the film The Doll

13. Jugend21's rating of the film The Doll

THE FAKE HORSES ARE THE BEST!!!!!

14. wpqx's rating of the film The Doll

My favorite German Lubitsch film I've seen

15. chanandre's rating of the film The Doll

7 years from being A HUNDRED YEARS OLD. that's amazing. joão botelho presented this. so his insight and then this (with a norman mcLaren short before, i think it was 'Canon') made my night oh so worthwhile.