1. nicolecahali's rating of the film The Doom Generation

meio non sense trash mas do jeito que eu gosto. tem uma fotografia bem interessante e as falas são super simples, muito bem colocadas e pensadas. a cena final é inesperada, incrivelmente montada! mas o que eu mais gostei foi o roteiro mesmo.

2. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Doom Generation

3. Mister Monkeyman's rating of the film The Doom Generation

4. Sara-D's rating of the film The Doom Generation

5. mahdis's rating of the film The Doom Generation

6. sissy69's rating of the film The Doom Generation

really quite a feat in aesthetic style

7. Matija's rating of the film The Doom Generation

Great soundtrack, pretty funny, a must see for trash/road film enthusiasts. Too bad no high-def original cut is available, yet. For comical climax, read Roger Ebert's review of the film!

8. julia.s's rating of the film The Doom Generation

9. apriccot's rating of the film The Doom Generation

hahahaha wat a clusterfuck major crush on amy < 3

10. alexia's rating of the film The Doom Generation

rose makes this film what it is

11. Marjan Mar's rating of the film The Doom Generation

12. Aida's rating of the film The Doom Generation

I was thinking wow an Araki movie I finally like. Last 10 minutes were wack. edit: i like this.

13. Karen Delaney's rating of the film The Doom Generation

Enjoyable, queer, gory, trashy, quintessentially 1990s B-Movie. Loved it. Don't expect an intellectual experience, expect a silly hellride like "Freeway 2: Confessions of a Trickbaby"

14. Emmy Mac's rating of the film The Doom Generation

It was 4 stars until the last ten minutes when I felt the expertly balanced asphalt black comedy tipped the line into unnecessary & ill-fitting horror, kind of removing the punchiness, joy & kitschness it had earnt up until that point. Expert framing,with Araki's comic book stamp- never dull,SEXY as HELL Excellent comment on consumerist, christian belt americana - especially relevant now -see what u did there mubi ;)

15. m00njaguar's rating of the film The Doom Generation

Little of merit, beyond frequent Rose McGowan nudity. Silly script delivered woodenly. Pointless sex and violence galore, some kind of statement on teen angst weakly delivered. Lame in the 90s when I first saw it, 20 years have not made it better in my eyes.

16. glhrmefc's rating of the film The Doom Generation

Sometimes it's good (bizarre humour and not taking itself so seriously) but overall it is bad, making it plotless and meaningless.

17. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film The Doom Generation

18. Apricot's rating of the film The Doom Generation

Great visuals, sexy plot, decent character development!! Really great movie especially enjoyed the set designs

19. surgery-ethic's rating of the film The Doom Generation

"I love you" can mean a lot of things... like "you'll do 'till someone better comes along," or "I can't describe how I really feel but I know that I'm supposed to say this," or "Shut up, I'm watching TV."

20. captainfez's rating of the film The Doom Generation

Industrial music, Bettie Page cuts and fingers in the arse. It's the '90s in 85 minutes.

21. laura karl's rating of the film The Doom Generation

22. msmichel's rating of the film The Doom Generation

Araki followed up the confrontational films 'The Living End' and 'Totally Fucked Up' with this anarchistic take on the love triangle fueled with teen angst, an indie soundtrack and a nihilistic spirit. What's surprising after twenty plus years is how well it holds up. McGowan was never better than this iconic turn and was well supported by the male leads as well as Araki's visual sense and humorous stunt casting.

23. El Meyer's rating of the film The Doom Generation

Never seen a more cute, groce, sexy, crazy, funny movie all at the same time. Wow! :D

24. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film The Doom Generation

90s snapshot that must be taken on its own terms. I don’t know why the kinds of people who revere Godard’s hetero anti-cinema fuckery can’t get off on Araki's homo fuckery too. Like the movie's Robert Mapplethorpe lookalike X, Araki queers scenes of eye-rolling irony with moments of piercing honesty, even shocking sadness. The movie is like the characters: beneath their blasé posturing they're human, all too human

← Previous 1 3 4 5