1. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Doors

There are - at least - two things that made THE DOORS is one of the great movie from 1991. First - Oliver Stone's wonderful presentation of The Doors phenomenon. He delivered a haunting, exciting, and entertaining of Jim Morrison's life. Although, he described Morrison as a lunatic and selfish human being rather than a crazy genius person. Second - Val Kilmer's potrayal as Morrison. He's the life & soul of this movie

2. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Doors

Val Kilmer gives a really incredible performance as Jim Morrison, but the film sort of just drifts from one questionably evocative scene to the next. It's a tidy recreation of beats from Jim Morrison's career, but it suffers from playing Morrison's obsession with death duplicitously for both disturbing drama and ethereal beauty (specifically in the final scene, where Jim's hair removal signifies purification).

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Doors

Focalisant son film sur la tumultueuse personnalité de ce dernier, à travers ses excès créatifs et son irrépressible attirance vers l'anéantissement, Oliver Stone nous propose une oeuvre solide, étonnante que soutient un Val Kilmer excellent dans un rôle escarpé et forcément épuisant... www.cinefiches.com

4. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film The Doors

Compelling! My favorite Oliver Stone picture

5. Carl Penguin's rating of the film The Doors

6. Robert Howard's rating of the film The Doors

Seeing this in a theater on a large screen the weekend it came out just blew me away. I was 24, Doors obsessed, and a new cinema junkie. It had been three years since I started "reading" films and paying attention to director choices. So here comes Oliver Stone with his bold, experimental, narrative movies. They were full of energy and not boring. The first shot of The Doors, going over the Grand Canyon, soars...

7. James Mackin's rating of the film The Doors

I really don't like Oliver Stone, but Val Kilmer and Kyle Maclachlan are both pretty good here.

8. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Doors

Kilmer epitomises Morrison. One of Stone's most effective biopics capturing the madness and genius of the subversive musician. A thrilling, messy ride. Where subject and director unite seamlessly.

9. djangodjango's rating of the film The Doors

I'm a fan of The Doors, and i think Kilmer did a pretty good job as Mr. Mojo Risin

10. Lukewarmlullabies's rating of the film The Doors

11. Antonio León Medina's rating of the film The Doors

Muy buen film, mas bien diría que dentro de todo fue un psychedelic film. "I´m a spy, in the house of love".

12. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film The Doors

13. ugur's rating of the film The Doors

Break on through to the other side!

14. Quesera,sera's rating of the film The Doors

imagine, how drugs can drove people to those things and even made a culture. maybe I should try acid, to understand, getting the 'expanded' mind like they said...

15. IV NEVER BEEN TO A RODEO's rating of the film The Doors

16. In Space's rating of the film The Doors

val kilmer acts really good. he was very similar to jim morrison, from his face, his voice. good job!

17. Dale Bentham's rating of the film The Doors

Everyone knows this film is crap. Imagine that there somehow existed the perfect actor capable of portraying Jim and looked like him, and Scorsese direct a bio pic. Filmed as if a fly on the wall, now that would be a great movie. For someone as a famous as Jim morrison I'm surprised no one has ever done anything decent on him

18. Teona Gal's rating of the film The Doors

19. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film The Doors

A very one-dimentional portrait of the Jim.

20. Richie Hayes's rating of the film The Doors

21. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film The Doors

22. sacajawèale's rating of the film The Doors

Not a good representation of Jim, too dark, but still a very enjoyable movie. 3.5

23. bitterMoo's rating of the film The Doors

24. Graham Duncan Hill's rating of the film The Doors

I learned from this film that Oliver Stone is mentally deranged and that you can piss on facts and get the people who lived it to help you. This film is hilariously terrible but it's so fun to watch. The songs were well reinterpreted also. I doubt Ray Manzarek was this cool in real life.