1. P.P.'s rating of the film The Dressmaker

what a wonderful performance by judy davis!

2. Diana Vaz's rating of the film The Dressmaker

"A dress can't change anything. - Watch and learn, watch and learn."

3. Inês Pinto de Faria's rating of the film The Dressmaker

4. Renton47's rating of the film The Dressmaker

Utterly bonkers spaghetti Western pastiche, embraced by the old fuddie-duddies here in Oz as a "lovely" film (my mum). I'm on board for badass Winslet taking names, Weaving camping up a storm, Davis climbing the walls. Not so much when our badass becomes a victim without a plan. More Footrot Flats than Fistful of Dollars, an amusing cartoonish Western that doesn't mesh the tragedy so well.

5. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film The Dressmaker

Un film che non riesce a decidersi tra commedia e dramma senza riuscire a convincere in nessuno dei due. Gli attori (Winslet e Davis su tutti) sono il motivo per vedere il film

6. RumbleFish's rating of the film The Dressmaker

Dogville alla Dior. Un film sugli effetti del bullismo e della maldicenza che cerca di alleggerire il tutto con gag surreali. Belli i personaggi, peccato per la seconda metà con la mano troppo calcata sulle disgrazie. Notevole la commistione di generi.

7. Thomas's rating of the film The Dressmaker

This film is a patchwork of genres and tropes making it an enjoyable and interesting farcical drama. Its many elements, be it comedy, soap-opera, pastiche, somehow seem to come together and work. The narrative pace slumps at times but the whole thing is beautifully filmed and the costumes, surreally out of place, are a visual delight.

8. blyniukas's rating of the film The Dressmaker

It's a farce. I wish somebody had told me! Despite all the beautiful cinematography and classy outfits, it's a farce. Personally I can't stand farce as a genre because it tries too hard to be funny and just comes out painfully awkward and stupid. There are people who can appreciate this sort of humour a great deal. I guess I'm not one of them.

9. aikeart's rating of the film The Dressmaker

Australia, telas, torso de Liam, drama... mucho drama.

10. atacamavandu's rating of the film The Dressmaker

11. Zineu Simionato's rating of the film The Dressmaker

when a movie is bad and fun all at the same time.

12. pomegranate's rating of the film The Dressmaker

13. OLIA SCARR's rating of the film The Dressmaker

Kate Winslet in that costume and make-up is EVERYTHING. 3.5 overall

14. jana_om's rating of the film The Dressmaker

15. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film The Dressmaker

This movie was beyond weird, and not necessarily in a good way. It riffs on the western genre paired with dashes of screwball comedy and noirish flavours. Somwhere in there is a romantic drama as well. It is quite difficult to reconcile all theser parts and the director does not succeed in that task. However, the movie is enjoyable, despite its´splintered identity, and offers inspired turns by Davis and Winslet.

16. suzisch's rating of the film The Dressmaker

This was actually a pretty delightful, surreal film. The start of it was a bit hard to watch (uncoordinated, random cartoon elements) but I found myself being moved, laughing + crying. If you find yourself looking for an old-timey yarn, something which is increasingly hard to find, but rightfully has its place and time, I'd recommend this film. Planning to re-watch with my eldery mum (and that's good praise!)

17. DarthVader's rating of the film The Dressmaker

Kate Winslet bile kurtaramıyor.

18. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Dressmaker

Cannes 2016 (Antipodes Selection). 3rd film viewed. Interminable & improbable Australian melo with Kate WINSLET. Big strings, indigent & indigestible scenario. ===== Festival de Cannes 2016 (Sélection des Antipodes). Interminable et invraisemblable mélostralien. Grosses ficelles indigestes et scénario indigent. Kate WINSLET arrive à faire passer le plat.

19. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Dressmaker

A film that feels like a mix of different genres including at least western, romantic comedy, thriller/horror, adult drama, slapstick and what not. You see that they’ve tried to squeeze a 300 page novel into two hours: the script rushes from one turn into another and doesn’t concentrate on anything. Nevertheless an entertaining and at times surprisingly bold flick of a town in dress frenzy. And nice dresses they are.

20. come-in-alone's rating of the film The Dressmaker

This film doesn't work on so many levels... Too bizarre and grotesque for my taste. Despite the always fantastic Kate Winslet and some potential, the story isn't much credible nor convincing.

21. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Dressmaker

22. vicentmara@gmail.com's rating of the film The Dressmaker

23. Joana Graça's rating of the film The Dressmaker

3.5 talvez. Este filme deixou-me com sentimentos contraditórios, admito. Mas a Kate Winslet é sempre a Kate Winslet!!

24. Anna Hakkenberg's rating of the film The Dressmaker