1. Rupert Hunter's rating of the film The Driver's Seat

Taylor is amazing in this! Quite true to Muriel Spark's remarkable novella right down to the dialogue, and plays with the narrative in a similar way. Storaro's cinematography and giallo aesthetics are beautiful - I saw it described as "the cinematic equivalent of viewing a scorpion trapped in amber". That said, it underreads the story as a 'search for the ultimate orgasm', and the film is less subversive for it.

2. Pymo's rating of the film The Driver's Seat

3. Eugene Karr's rating of the film The Driver's Seat

Definitely one of the strangest movies out there.

4. tibber's rating of the film The Driver's Seat

If not for the writeup here on Mubi (And Facets!), I might never have seen this. Definitely needs to be better known, it's like if Roeg and Antonioni had a baby that was adopted by Argento.

5. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Driver's Seat

6. Joshua's rating of the film The Driver's Seat

I don't like how the plot description calls this so-bad-it's-good. There are moments of enjoyment for likely unintentional scenes, and it IS an 'art' film in all possible grievances of that term... but I wouldn't call it bad. Just super screwed up. If it were a friend it'd be that person you've thought of as odd but nevertheless wished to see again because of their aura. Liz Taylor ftw.