1. Tigrão's rating of the film The Eagle

A film that succeeds mainly because of its strong and confident direction and gorgeous cinematography, but unfortunately, to me, films are about telling stories, and this one isn't well told. As much as I respect Tatum, he is just the wrong actor to cast. Jamie Bell does a decent job at putting a bit of life into a poorly written role, but overall, the film never succeeds emotionally and remains very very bland.

2. caprivi76's rating of the film The Eagle

3. msmichel's rating of the film The Eagle

Dumbed down version of Sutcliff's novel that never quite succeeds mainly due to uneven casting. Anothy Dod Mantle's cinematography is exquisite as usual and certainly captures the period feel but one just can't get past the modernization of actors and dialoque.Channing Tatum totally miscast here and have to agree with previous comments about lacking chemistry with Jamie Bell. The final five minutes are preposterous.

4. CRW's rating of the film The Eagle

Could have been done so much better....

5. Steve's rating of the film The Eagle

I was fairly enjoying this film but it ended up weak in the second half and one of the worst final scenes in movie history! ( When the 2 main characters walk towards the camera smiling and practically hand-in-hand!) I just did not buy it.

6. Eirik Smidesang Slåen's rating of the film The Eagle

My love for this period may have something to do with it, but The Eagle somehow appealed to me. Yes, it's very uneven, mainly due to a poorly developed script, but overall it's well made. Jamie Bell and Channing Tatum lack chemistry, resulting in much less homoerotism then I was expecting. Anthony Dod Mantle knows how to shoot a landscape, and his lensing is superb and almost worth the admission ticket alone.

7. vordven's rating of the film The Eagle

8. britney spears's rating of the film The Eagle

Rahim makes it worth while. He's Neoptolemus.

9. Ben 94's rating of the film The Eagle