1. Mtume Gant's rating of the film The Ear

Along with Daisies and The Fireman's Ball this might be one of the true crowning achievements of the Czech New Wave. True paranoia.

2. redux's rating of the film The Ear

A no-holds-barred indictment of the whole Soviet virtschaft, made practically under curfew. As stylish, blood-curling and funny as it is unbelievably bold. An instant addition to my top East-European favourites.

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Ear

7.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Er

4. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Ear

5. Alex's rating of the film The Ear

6. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Ear

Just saw this recently. The ironic ending left a memorably bitter aftertaste.

7. Gerard Corvin's rating of the film The Ear

Edward Albee goes Soviet in this brilliantly executed 'long night' drama about an overly imbibed couple who, in between hurling abuse and plates at each other, are also trying to figure out if they are being spied on by big brother. Painfully tense and superbly evocative of a particular place and time in Czech history. This needs to be seen.

8. Nanou's rating of the film The Ear

What is it about East European totalitarianism that lends itself to allegories of the severed and autonomous body part?

9. catch_33's rating of the film The Ear

Interesting film in the context of the East Bloc European countries and Soviet rule/spies, but apart from that not something I would probably revisit.

10. Jazzaloha's rating of the film The Ear

Like Coppola's Conversation, except focused on the people being spied on. The ending has a similar impact as Coppola's film as well. "Ludvik, I'm scared." (The female lead reminded me of Jessica Walter.)

11. Dry Bones's rating of the film The Ear

"The Ear is as much Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? as 1984, with a helping of Seconds for the flashbacks to the official party they've just come from, replaying idle chat that seems menacing in retrospect". (Sam Adams)

12. lauli's rating of the film The Ear

Great film! A precursor of The Lives of Others?

13. Steve's rating of the film The Ear

Superb acting and pretty cool little film

14. Leon Mangel's rating of the film The Ear

Where is Long Live The Republic? Best movie ever!