1. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

7.9/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Tb

2. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

(...)Ich fand Akins Figuren faszinierend! Keine von ihnen wirkt künstlich konstruiert und für keine wird übermässig viel Zeit aufgewendet, sie vorzustellen. Sie alle versuchen einfach, ihr Leben zu leben und das findet statt innerhalb zweier unterschiedlicher Kulturen. Im Grunde sind es gute Menschen, die wegen ihrer Fehler leiden müssen und versuchen, dass es irgendwie weitergeht. Ist das nicht bei uns allen so?

3. /katia's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

4. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

5. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

6. cidemhan's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

7. Hilde Johoneid's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

Very important film! It contained everything!

8. Placebo's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

9. Bilan's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

10. Elena Lazic's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

3.5 Being in a similar situation as Najit this film touched me immensely. I hope I too can one day arrive to a reconciliation with my roots.

11. BLEIBTREU's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

Not a bad movie. A little prone to disjunctive tangents, but it seems like that's what the director was comfortable with. He could have surely made a more intense movie using just one of the three parts. I was very drawn to the life of the university professor, but by that point, the film does a complete 180 and follows another person in another direction. Unfortunately, this sacrifices the depth of them all.

12. Matthew Kiziltan's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

One of the best original story led films I have watched for years, I literally did not want the film to end. Simple yet compelling, with great performances from all the main characters, this film truly deserves all the praise and more. I would love to work with Akin on his next picture. This is a film to live and learn from!

13. eric gould's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

The degrees of separation pairing strangers together are lyrically woven in The Edge of Heaven's tapestry of a German-Turkish narrative. Two young women whose lives become inseparable unravel deeper connections linking their parents and families. Fluctuating between Hamburg and Istanbul, the film swings from sadness to compassion, offering a gentle pause to make peace with the past that flickers quietly in the night.

14. film_lies101's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

The intersecting storyline is practically a genre of it's own at this point and this is a solid entry. The first part is by far the weakest, it takes about a good half hour for the film to really take off. Also, the death of the prostitute was abrupt and quite unbelievable.

15. soiwaswrong's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

It tells how small our world are and how magical and brutal it can be..

16. Nutter Jr's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

A number of people started comparing The Edge of Heaven to Babel/Crash and other vertebrate type storylines alike. And even though there is a structural resemblance, the director Akin, a prodigy of immigration himself, makes a movie oozing nostalgia for home; in one thread home is the love of one's life, in another it is the country of origin, in the other one the bosom of a woman & in another belonging to a cause.

17. Dizzydent's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

Loved the use of time, space and intersecting stories. What's left out is as important as what's on screen. A lesson in great story telling.

18. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

Simultaneously an exercise in rigorous formalism and an affecting examination of individual lives lived across the tension lines extending between Germany and Turkey, The Edge of Heaven somewhat undermines its depiction of the messiness of the latter through an over-meticulous commitment to the former. Still, a clever and moving piece of filmmaking, with a quietly bravura finale.

19. Natalie Guevara's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

this movie made me homesick for a land that isn't my own: how do I make myself comfortable on the other side? this was my first Fatih Akin movie but it won't be my last. One of the most sensual, warm movies I've seen in a long time.

20. The Shadow's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

A very touching film with amazing scenery

21. Endless Eye's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

A nearly perfect film! Tragically ironic, powerfully subtle performances, excellent cinematography, and a great script. Definitely a must see!

22. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

23. Marcus WP's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

just finished watching. great movie.

24. Scarlet Magenta's rating of the film The Edge of Heaven

when Nejat tells about Moses sacrificing his son and realizes he must see his father - a moment not pretending for great originality, but simple, not forced, and therefore strong - I loved it so much that I wish I'd love same the whole film..elaborately interlaced storylines usually leave me with nothing.. I'd rather stay with Nejat (and his father) only and look around with his eyes.. it would make a great story