1. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Eiger Sanction

This is a disaster. Terrible dialogues, very questionable plot, bad acting. Jack Cassidy, George Kennedy & even Clint Eastwood's actings (a la fake James Bond) are annoyingly bad. Amateurish made fake fight scenes, tomato ketchup, terrible clothing, ridiculous albino boss in a red lit-room...You name it. The photos & climax on the mountain can't redeem this laughable movie. 1 star & that's only because of Clint.

2. Laurs Kemp's rating of the film The Eiger Sanction

Less of a "movie" and more of a barrage of constipated white male fantasy, misogyny, racism, and homophobia strung together. I mean, he actually told a gay character (well, a gay stereotype) to kill himself. And during a seduction scene he kept mentioning rape for some reason! After a dog named F****t was introduced, I peaced out. F*ck this sh*t.

3. mjgildea's rating of the film The Eiger Sanction

Not a bad watch. Eastwood and Kennedy were great together. Hell, Kennedy was great on his own, especially when crapping on hotel guests at the telescope during the 3rd act. The assassin angle was kind of weak and for as fun as the Mr. Dragon end of things was kind of out of place. I liked the ending but the trip there was a bit disjointed. I can see why The Eiger Sanction isn't essential Eastwood but its worth it.

4. Ben Bosko's rating of the film The Eiger Sanction

5. Mike A's rating of the film The Eiger Sanction

Visually one of the best Eastwoods I've seen. The standard 70s Hwd look is nicely complemented by his lean style, here more precise than it often is. Of all the New Hwd guys he carried the strongest remnants of the old school industrial craft. Weak script (the book is even worse); the bigotry would have been more offensive in a less entertaining, or more serious, film.