1. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film The End of the Affair

jealousy is dull to those not feeling it, the urgency was lost. the most touching parts of the story were moments with the private investigator + his son.

2. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film The End of the Affair

A stilted, hollow adaptation of Greene's novel. The initial intrigue as to where the film is heading soon turns to apathy as a rather unconvincing romance unravels. Fiennes has a volatile charm, but Julianne Moore is horribly miscast & pales in the shadow of her co-star. While a different era of romance, the whole approach to the film jars awkwardly stunting the passion & emotion. Watch Brief Encounter instead.

3. SiIencio's rating of the film The End of the Affair

Excellent production design to recreate this very polished period drama. However this adaptation of Graham Greene's novel too often feels cringey and lame. The affair indeed feels unconvicing. We are asked to take for granted the unadulterated pure love of this romance. But it is perhaps the film's second leitmotif, where God is brought into play to make petty deals with humans, where joints begin to creak so loudly.

4. raggiodisole's rating of the film The End of the Affair

Smooth, melodramatic where it should be melancholy. Never felt convincing

5. Penelope q's rating of the film The End of the Affair

Dear God leave alone forever. Where is the real love to be found?

6. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film The End of the Affair

Great performances, evocative of the era and beautifully shot. I preferred it to the book which is rare.

7. Superfrog's rating of the film The End of the Affair

I like sex and sad stories as much as the next person, but I much prefer the former first hand and the latter either put behind or narrated in a way that I can relate to. One star extra for female lead lovely and amply exppsed nipples as well as male lead spotlessly attractive bum. I guess it is down to the fact that I would not mind sharing. Or trupling up.

8. alimcintyre's rating of the film The End of the Affair

The acting, the photography and the music were just perfect. A poignantly beautiful interpretation of Greene's great work.

9. Omnibus1's rating of the film The End of the Affair

Wonderful adaptation of Graham Greene's novel. Utterly devastating. One of the saddest films ever made.

10. perrieraddict's rating of the film The End of the Affair

A faithful adaptation of Graham Greene's novel, if a tad heavy on the melodrama.

11. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The End of the Affair

An absurd premise is lifted by sheer force of will.

12. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The End of the Affair

Film américain et britannique réalisé par Neil Jordan d'après un roman autobiographique de Graham Greene, publié en 1951. Avec Julianne Moore, Ralph Fiennes et Stephen Rea. Brief encounter revisited. https://www.facebook.com/zyx.mhclaes/media_set?set=a.727379093984903.1073741914.100001384583310&type=3

13. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The End of the Affair

I loved it. I thought all three leads were perfect. It makes a good double bill with the fairly recent version of "The Painted Veil." Both films have romantic trios with complications and are mournfully, delicately sad. Big passions are repressed. There is lots of remorse.

14. Elena Lazic's rating of the film The End of the Affair

15. Rman's rating of the film The End of the Affair

It`s a good film but I really expected more than this concerning the Greene`s great novel. Although decent directing, It`s a poor adaptation. After reading Graham Greene`s masterpiece watching the movie was a bit disappointing.

16. laura de noves's rating of the film The End of the Affair

the alchemical power of love transforming the corporeal into a higher love, a divine love. human frailty is not only acknowledged, but appreciated without being indulgent. nobility of spirit.