1. Arf's rating of the film The End of the Tour

2. jewelsofglory's rating of the film The End of the Tour

Certainly not a ‘cinematic’ piece, yet is an enjoyable indulgence in a segment of the life of David Foster Wallace.

3. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film The End of the Tour

4. Maria Salomia's rating of the film The End of the Tour

5. Walker's rating of the film The End of the Tour

A touching but flawed portrait of Wallace. A better portrait of a friendship.

6. Several Giraffes's rating of the film The End of the Tour

Many analogues to my own life. Brought up a lot of introspection.

7. temmuz's rating of the film The End of the Tour

the good thing about this film is its ability to make you imagine how amazing this film could be.

8. aliasgenius's rating of the film The End of the Tour

Guess I might have a thousand page book to read now.. 4/5

9. fearraigh's rating of the film The End of the Tour

Even for those, like me, who are lukewarm on DFW's fiction (though I love his essays), The End of the Tour is a very satisfying film. Segel and Eisenberg make a great pair, sparring away with the utmost naturalness. Lipsky's recordings were a boon to a film that might otherwise have got bogged down in self-indulgence. Instead, it's a funny, engaging and smart film reminiscent of Richard Linklater's best work.

10. André's rating of the film The End of the Tour

Just got into David Foster Wallace, I knew I saw a film about him.

11. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The End of the Tour

Jason Segel and the words of David Foster Wallace makes this a four; the direction is not even invisible, it's just plain boring. If the direction hadn't been so boring, with it's flat shots and naturalistic style, it would've been a five easily. It, however, also gives us Jason Segel's Wallace, that brilliant brilliant performance.

12. Mariana Filipa's rating of the film The End of the Tour

13. Schumeila's rating of the film The End of the Tour

14. halfbunny's rating of the film The End of the Tour

нежный и личный фильм что-то о творчестве, наркотиках, одиночестве и просто о Человеке (без романтизации, я надеюсь на это). Айзенберг и Сигел не мои типы актеров, но в их союзе возникла магия

15. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film The End of the Tour

16. kzrmgm's rating of the film The End of the Tour

Segel and Eisenberg were excellent. Truthfully, I'd rather that this movie exist than didn't exist, but after reading the criticisms of people who actually knew Wallace, the film retroactively leaves a bad taste in my mouth. essential reading: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/jul/29/why-the-end-of-the-tour-isnt-really-about-my-friend-david-foster-wallace

17. tomohartono's rating of the film The End of the Tour

Not really familiar with the writer but this movie provided some good insights on journalism works.

18. Delia's rating of the film The End of the Tour

My review has something to do with the massive love that I have for David Foster Wallace.

19. evolveris's rating of the film The End of the Tour

I watched it; I watched it and the only thing I shall remember it by is the image of a winter day's blinding, cold, comforting light.

20. Bruce Carter's rating of the film The End of the Tour

21. twiggymoo's rating of the film The End of the Tour

22. Bernardo_Rodrigues's rating of the film The End of the Tour

Got me curious to read Infinite Jest.

23. John Woodall's rating of the film The End of the Tour

Decent film, but the content felt incredibly underwhelming when considering what it's based on. I would recommend to read David Lipsky's book or listen to some David Foster Wallace interviews instead of watching this. You'll end up thinking a lot more.

24. Bilouaustria's rating of the film The End of the Tour

Please do not Hollywood the shit out of DFW. That is just wrong.

← Previous 1 3 4