1. Aardsy's rating of the film The Endless Summer

Worth it for the funny, nearly insane narration.

2. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Endless Summer

3. John H. Nomedal's rating of the film The Endless Summer

A nice postcard of surfing as a whole, but some of the cultural references becomes dated. With that said it makes me want to grab a board and go surfing. :)

4. anarresti's rating of the film The Endless Summer

Bruce Brown's narrative style makes half the movie. He introduces surf to the non surfers, in a charming way, with humour and style, sometimes in a mockumentary kind of approach, with comentaries that initiate the surf-habitat ignorant to its fauna. Back in 1966, there was such a thing as a mostly surfless world. "I can't believe we're [surfing] in Africa" shows us how much has changed. How crowded beaches have got.

5. dominique s.'s rating of the film The Endless Summer

6. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Endless Summer

A gentle, joyful movie about the pleasure of surfing and the camaraderie of the riders of waves. It's not about the big waves and the big names, though they're mentioned, it's just about living the lifestyle. And the laid back, friendly style of the movie embodies the style of the people. It's an engaging look at the surf scene in the 60s that even captures a non-surfer audience's rapt attention.

7. Eivind L's rating of the film The Endless Summer

8. Terry's rating of the film The Endless Summer

i might not be a surfer but i really like this movie. the perfect amateur mix of innocence, adventure, ocean, and sun.