1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Enforcer

Excellent film "noir" américain, qui malgré une sortie discrète durant l'année 1951, devint rapidement un film-culte de cette époque bénie pour ses efficaces productions du genre mais que nous ne mettrons pas au pinacle comme bien des thuriféraires... www.cinefiches.com

2. Matt's rating of the film The Enforcer

Not the best noir-thriller but very well acted and directed. It just missed something that I can't put my finger on.

3. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film The Enforcer

Strong cast (especially the criminals) let down by flat direction and a screenplay which portrays the police as amateurishly incompetent (unable to secure buildings, protect endangered witnesses, run at more than a snail's pace or know what "hit" and "contract" mean). Anthony Mann would have done a better job, brought the noir and got the best out of Bogie. Still pretty enjoyable though and the ending is suspenseful.

4. Jonathan C.'s rating of the film The Enforcer

I know I'm supposed to like this stuff, but I don't know how anyone can actually say we don't make gangster movies better now than we did then. They're boring, and they're written by people who knew nothing of the world they were imitating. Guilting a mass murderer by showing him photos? Are you kidding me?

5. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Enforcer

One of these movies that I discovered on TV when I was a teenager and that made me love cinema. Tough, direct, with scenes of anthology. Masterpiece.