1. tri ...'s rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

4. fada19's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

J'attendais ce film avec impatience ...Une pure merveille MERCI

5. Eriugena82's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

It seems likely the actual Kaspar Hauser was simply a pathological liar, but Herzog is more interested in the idea of someone like Hauser rather than a literal biography of his life. Someone who is strange and innocent, raised completely separate from the rest of the world, and then suddenly confronted with modern society. An excellent film, with a suitably strange performance from Bruno Schleinstein.

6. Gisèle Kérosène's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

7. Pierre.F's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

Une enigme non résolue mais une narration qui ne cesse de la rendre problématique. C'est un film qui restitue toute l'ambiguïté des "enfants sauvages". L'éducation ici n'est qu'une "chute" remettant en cause toutes nos idées reçus comme celles des séminaristes demandant à Kaspar Hauser s'il dispose d'une "idée innée de Dieu"...

8. FISCHER's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

D'après un fait divers authentique, une oeuvre essentielle et solide... www.cinefiches.com

9. Luca Angelini's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

10. alucarda's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

all humans are intellectuals

11. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

Deceptively gentle upon first appearance, but it seems angrier each time I view it. A howl against man's civilising impulses, transfigured into a lyrical ballad. Most remarkable is the fact that Herzog can play Pachebel's over a shot of a field of rye blowing the wind and it not feel trite or kitsch, but simultaneously terrifyingly blank/other and as ecstatically beautiful as a mirage.

12. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

13. Fabiha's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

"Why is everything so hard for me? It seems to me that my coming into this world was a very hard fall."

14. Neil Sch's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

kaspar is the cutest boy, i give this one 4.5

15. ermete polpette's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

16. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

17. Aukse's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

Film really explains how much we learn during our lifetime and how much influenced we are.

18. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

19. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

The predecessor to David Lynch's Elephant Man. I watched a 35mm print of this at NSW Art Gallery and my back started to ache from sitting for so long but it was worth it, the ending is is disheartening yet fitting as a comment about modern society,

20. mciszczon's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

21. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

Possibly Herzog’s greatest work (at least from what I’ve seen). It is a fascinating idea and one that endlessly captivates and inspires much philosophy.

22. jeff & claire's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

Watching a few of the Herzog films here, I remember how his films acclimate me over time. It does not happen over the course of one film, particularly with his earlier features (there is a different logic to his documentaries; their pleasure and humor tend to be more direct). Eventually, though, I can see them as hilarious and devastating kinetic canvases. This film is a prime example of that tuning process.

23. David Huntington's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

24. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

Such a fine story... and that social queen hahah too much! They've really always existed!

← Previous 1 3 4