1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Entity

What is it about this film that Tscherkassky found so fascinating that he made two films based on it? Ghost rape? Sure, it's very weird that an actress of Hershey's caliber would be in this piece of crap, but often in Hollywood you take what you can get. I do not judge her. I love her. I didn't like to see her get raped. Ghosts are bad.

2. Tibulle85's rating of the film The Entity

RIP G. ROMERO (Enfin vu kekparsurleweb) Ne pouvant plus tenir, me voilà visionnant ce film de possession aussi méconnu qu'intriguant! Et j'ai du mal à comprendre pqoi il n'est pas devenu un classique (s'est-il perdu dans la production pléthorique des 80s?). S. Furie sait instiller une tension permanente, bien aidé par une excellente actrice principale; le tout culmine dans un final halluciné, "à la Argento". A voir!

3. Pymo's rating of the film The Entity

A Samantha Fox's nightmare.

4. Mariana Vilhena's rating of the film The Entity

this is the only film where the dutch angle makes sense

5. Achromia's rating of the film The Entity

Kurt Cobain approves this. It was cool tho.

6. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Entity

7. Landen Celano's rating of the film The Entity

This feels like it's ripe for rediscovery. While it might not work on every level, it bucks a lot of trends within the genre.

8. sacajawèale's rating of the film The Entity

9. Keith Fletcher's rating of the film The Entity

10. Endre's rating of the film The Entity

What Tscherkassky did with this material in his Outer Space and Dream Work seems, now that I've seen Furie's original horror-masterpiece, less a transformation of conventional aesthetics and more of a radical consequence (of this feminist Panavision trembling).

11. Rio Johan's rating of the film The Entity

The first act was great (although the lightning things looks kindda silly), built with such staccato pacing that makes the movie seemed to know how to do its nuance. The psychiatrist act was kindda draggy and letdown compared to the opening, but still managed to be interesting. But as soon as the movie turned to be ghosthunter-parapsychological things, the epic dullness exploded and it was a total fail to me.

12. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film The Entity

Although it gets reiterative trying to establish boring "factual scientific points" in the plot, that raw and unnerving industrial score and, especially, Barbara Hershey's admirable performance, help to sense some of the anguish shown.

13. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film The Entity

This has to be the only movie where cinematic space itself is a sexual predator.

14. Marcus Killerby's rating of the film The Entity

This film wastes no time and dives straight in to full poltergeist action. This is perhaps it's first downfall though as the pacing leaves a lot to be desired. The score alternates between being headache inducing to classic creepy 80's horror. The quality of acting varies and the script could have used a re-write. Despite these short-comings, this is one nasty nasty horror film with some genuinely creepy moments...

15. Steve's rating of the film The Entity

Pretty scary stuff. Why had I not heard of this film?

16. film_lies101's rating of the film The Entity

Ghosts: Not that scary Ghost Rape: The most terrifying

17. Mr.Wolf's rating of the film The Entity

"The Unhappy wisp with sexual urges"...I forgot about this movie, finally I can add it to my list of movies you can watch in 3 clicks, 1 Rape 2 Solution 3 Problem solved...or is it solved (No need to spoil the ending of the little sexualy depraved spark)

18. Hazel Cills's rating of the film The Entity

It is about a woman who is raped by ghosts. End of story.

19. Alan Funkle's rating of the film The Entity

utterly terrific and probably the only movie i can remember liking barbara hershey in. incredibly scary terrific soundtrack/score.watch with the lights out.

20. fabridoss's rating of the film The Entity

Pretty close to a version of "Poltergeist" with spectrofilie, it offers some fun.