1. Bruno's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

2. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

3. Bogdan Theodor Olteanu's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

4. captainfez's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

Just don't call it a comeback.

5. Miggy Angel's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

Paraskevas would deffo batter Alan Partridge in a tear-up

6. findfilm's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

Minimal dialogue, long and wide screenshots, the deconstruction of a media star, and a journey through rural Greece in the late last century provide for a riveting study of a man in a reverse rags to riches story. It's a mystery as to the reasons for our protagonist's decline (including self-mutilation) but it's a fascinating journey we take with him as he determinedly pushes for isolation and anonymity.

7. lou.'s rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

Well, it simply bored me.

8. Bill's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

I found this movie annoying right from the start. The lack of dialogue between the two characters at the beginning seemed contrived and was very off-putting. After that came 10 mins of watching someone carry out mundane domestic activities in complete silence. If that sort of thing is your cup of tea you're going to love this film, and my hat's off to you. It supposedly gets better. But I found it simply unwatchable.

9. Chearth's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

10. Gisèle Kérosène's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

11. NCMBianchi's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

12. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

This is the most ballardian film I've seen in years. Just brilliant.

13. SafeStanding's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

This Greek Weird Wave offering sure lives up to it's genre. Highlights the dangers of fame and self-obsession. Excellent cinematography, so dismal I found it a struggle to see it out.

14. Heikki's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

The first half of the movie was just great. Loved the calm and soothing atmosphere – melancholic and funny at the same time. The first half was a bit mysterious, but the other half remains a true mystery since I fell asleep after a hard days work. And then. Well, the 30 days. I'm new here, you see. I can't find the movie anywhere now so must use some imagination, I think I'm going for a happy ending of some sort.

15. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

One example of the new greek cinema, which to me feels like an offspring of Roy Anderson and Ulrich Seidl, perhaps with some genes from Theo Angelopoulos although completely without the greek sentimentality. Psykou’s film is not quite there with her peers, Lanthimos and Tsangari - it’s too much a one protagonist show - but it’s still enjoyable. Visually impressive, detached storytelling, with a memorable ending.

16. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

This black comedy is, like much of the Greek Weird Wave, technically excellent and totally absurd. Initially impenetrable but likely to reward multiple viewings, this is a worthwhile allegory of a culture in crisis as well as a personal film about self-obsession, isolation, and alienation.

17. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

(2.5) This was a very fun and offbeat oddball of a movie. Hilarious musical number out of nowhere. Loved how it got darker and darker as well. There was a lot to like about it... HOWEVER... it did not end. There was no ending. Ugh. This is not a movie where that is a good choice in any way. This movie is building TO any ending of some sort... and the filmmakers copped out. Terrible choice. Man, I wanted to like this.

18. Samuel Wells's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

Quiet and methodical. The film never narrates to us, the viewer, instead we are allowed to piece together the story bit by bit. Taking the strongest cues from the mundane and understated actions in the film. Each moment commands a unique respect that had me zoned into the most minor sounds and flicks of movement on the screen. Somewhere between 8 1/2 and the Shining a truly wonderful ride from start to finish.

19. David R Williams's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

The "droll, dryly humorous early scenes" do not prepare for the dark hallway the filmmaker leads you down....the ending is bleak and yet bizarrely hopeful in a nicely twisted sort of way.

20. LK's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

Sad and bleak and sordid. The portrait of a struggle against decline and obsolesence.

21. Justepourmesouveniraprès's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

Nice weird film. The new Greek cinema is very interesting (I love "Attenberg" and "Dog Tooth"). Sometimes this one can look a little bit boring, but it shows the nonsense of the character's life.

22. Omus's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

Greek Matt Lauer has staged his own kidnapping and is staying in an off season hotel eating spaghetti and slipping further from reality every day. What starts as a scheme to pay off his debts spirals into a man who embraces the minimum of what it takes to be connected.

23. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

24. Chris Gillespie's rating of the film The Eternal Return of Antonis Paraskevas

A beautiful dream-like black comedy of one man's surreal journey from celebrity to hermit. Top-notch cinematography.