1. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film The Evil Dead

There's this scene early on where Cheryl waves away a bit of the massive walls of fog (everywhere!), proving them diegetic - I just think that's so great. I had my doubts but by the first possession the camp is just too fun.Hard not to smile in enjoyment of the whole thing afterwards.What a tone! v.good camera(and the claymation?!) When I was a kid we used to play modded HL2 maps and more inspired on this :) Classic.

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Evil Dead

Definitive learning book in how to make a lowbudget experimental horror movie. Unique editing, sound and camera work.

3. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film The Evil Dead

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Evil Dead

The first one went for horror. The second one went for horror and humor. The third one was incredibly funny. The tentacle rape must have pleased the anime freaks, but the part that freaked me out was at the 35 minute mark, when they pan to the woman who has become a demon. Probably jumped out of my chair.

5. chazell's rating of the film The Evil Dead

gammy foot//melting bodies//grabbing hands

6. Roland Nicolai Fanega's rating of the film The Evil Dead

I once worked on set with Sam Raimi's nephew. We did the dance Tobey Maguire did in the third Spiderman. Max Raimi, if you're reading this...ACCEPT MY FRIEND REQUEST ON FACEBOOK

7. barış uçar's rating of the film The Evil Dead

8. Bob's rating of the film The Evil Dead

Blood splattered cinema fest that - just like a good wine - gets better with time, thanks to its groundbreaking make-up effects and perfect balance between cheese storytelling, horrifying atmosphere and manic attention to details. It can be appreciated as a trash cinema intended for fun of group viewings, as well as horror classic for private screenings, thus being few levels above the most exploitation classics.

9. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film The Evil Dead

The original and best. Still better than the remake.

10. Luke Spence's rating of the film The Evil Dead

By far the best of the series

11. Lucas Alcazar's rating of the film The Evil Dead

5 stars for being the best b horror movie.

12. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film The Evil Dead

oh my god... gross to the core... gory as hell... bruce cambell is amazing <3

13. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Evil Dead

The story of a sensitive young man and his spiritual growth. Ashley needs to step outside to familiar boundaries of action when he is confronted with problem that can’t be solved by regular means. And he truly crosses all boundaries, especially considering the ways you treat bodies possessed by sumerian spirits. Still amazing after all these years, mostly because of the creative camera use and freaky point of views.

14. alchimia's rating of the film The Evil Dead

15. Mr. Marston's rating of the film The Evil Dead

16. Beatriz Ourique's rating of the film The Evil Dead

17. misha monsivais's rating of the film The Evil Dead

hilarious / ash being thrown into the shelves twice is me

18. Bilouaustria's rating of the film The Evil Dead

Well the first 30 minutes still look like a film : you have the Carpenter first person POV shots, the De Palma 360, lots of borrowed and déjà vu ideas but it's all fine for me (after all Lynch picked the pocket of everybody and nobody feels offended). But the rest reveal quickly Raimi's true intentions. Crapest crap i've seen in years.

19. pintobean's rating of the film The Evil Dead

20. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Evil Dead

21. Ethan's rating of the film The Evil Dead

When I first saw this film I was unaffected by it until I walked around outside that night and felt horrified that some evil tree spirits were going to get me. All in all this a fun film that would give birth to that groovy badass known as Ash.

22. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film The Evil Dead

A pretty good test run for better things to come.

23. James Mackin's rating of the film The Evil Dead

24. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Evil Dead

I'm a fan, but have never quite understood the adulation this receives.