1. Daniel's rating of the film The Exorcist

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Exorcist

Often called as "The Scariest Movie of All Time" by some people. Maybe they get scared to death with the Devil in this movie. Somehow, instead of being scared with the Devil, I was scared because I was thinking - what if I'm in the same position as Father Karras who began to lose his faith. THE EXORCIST is a great horror movie. Because I could feel sympathy to its characters. I think the cinematography is quite good.

3. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film The Exorcist

90% of the film I wasn't sure if they were all just collectively hallucinating (there are bits in the film that could serve as an argument for the whole thing not being real), or if it was really about the devil. But when Merrin says "there is only one" I realized it doesn't matter. Either way, it's about faith and the lack of it. It's so subtle and complex I can't believe it's regarded as a mere horror film.

4. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Exorcist

Horror drama rich on detail and with a fascinating script about demon possession, but for all it's memorable imagery its most disturbing sequence is during a "normal hospital visit". A film that is more powerful if one is a believer of demons and a devote Catholic Christian. The director's cut weakened the film in my eyes so try watching the theatrical one.

5. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film The Exorcist

I really wish that one day I'll be able to go up to somebody and say, 'Your mother sucks cocks in hell', and then chuck a bowl of pea soup over them.

6. xer vokun's rating of the film The Exorcist

most boring 1h and 20 of my life the rest a bit interesting, still haven't figured out what's with the mystical powers of tap water

7. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film The Exorcist

8. nadnab's rating of the film The Exorcist

9. James Mackin's rating of the film The Exorcist

It had its moments, but I found it to be somewhat overrated. Linda Blair was really good.

10. Andre's rating of the film The Exorcist

Well crafted, but curiously hollow and unmoving. Despite terrific performances, and a distinguished veneer (it's not a great film, but it does a decent impression) Friedkin's lack of belief is felt - what should feel like a battle between Good and Evil comes off as serving the world's most difficult eviction notice to a particularly unruly tenant. A frustrating miss, whatever its reputation.

11. captainfez's rating of the film The Exorcist

12. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Exorcist

Something of a Typhoid Mary for the modern horror film which as a pioneer of its kind opened the door to grosser and grosser derivative spectacles which generally lacked the visual panache, character development and quasi-religious & scientific undercurrents, if not convincing sub-plots, found here. In itself a superb slow-boil before hell does indeed break loose and let's it all hang out in the second half.

13. Rocco's rating of the film The Exorcist

Stylistically barren (though Friedken was likely aiming for a realistic approach) and overly reliant on moments of nasty violence involving a child. It's more violent than the Texas Chain Saw Massacre, which says quite a lot. The big issue I have is that it just doesn't rank among other horror classics, because its terrors are limited access--frightening only to Catholics and the superstitious.

14. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film The Exorcist

PAS TOUCHE LA TRUIE EST A MOI

15. Samuel Righi's rating of the film The Exorcist

16. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film The Exorcist

It ain't Hitchcock, but then again, what is? ;-) Seriously though, the effect this film has on you depends on (a) your age when you first saw it, and (b) whether you believe in the possibility of possession. I saw this film in my early teen years, and while not brought up in a religious family, I did think at that age that possession was possible. Hence it freaked me the f*** out. "Dimmy... Dimmy..." *shivers*

17. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film The Exorcist

18. Justerodeusintherain's rating of the film The Exorcist

So glad i finally saw this. Can understand why it was shocking in its day. For me i didn't find it scary at all, but it was a good film.

19. Levi Shiach's rating of the film The Exorcist

Who would have thought that a film about the devil incarnate would be cinema's most honest, vigorous and persuasive look at faith.

20. Natalia Kulewskaya's rating of the film The Exorcist

Laughed more than I should have. I'm sure Hell is waiting for me.

21. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film The Exorcist

22. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Exorcist

Every time I watch this film I see another layer of complexity, another level of brilliance. Most recently I love the voyeristic direction before the devil takes hold of Regan, I love the way that the set pieces are deliberately cut short to emphasise the horror. Father Karras is the best thing in the film by far. It's his film.

23. Luca Soldati's rating of the film The Exorcist

Trama fantastica che terrorizza e disturba. Sviluppo ben strutturato, fino ad un magnifico finale.Lo scontro primordiale a cui assistiamo è ottimo e fa sentire indifesi. Regia perfetta che riesce a creare tensione e scene memorabili e iconoclaste. Fotografia che caratterizza bene le ambientazioni e montaggio che tiene sempre col fiato sospeso. Effetti speciali magnifici. La colonna sonora è storica. Ottimi interpreti

24. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film The Exorcist