1. arlinda's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

This is the equivalent of a short short story, of the poignant, mysterious kind, about the kind of girl you secretly count as an imaginary friend.

2. Calu.'s rating of the film The Exploding Girl

I love Zoe, 1 star because of her. What I like the most of this movie is the ending. That last scene. Spoiler: is just my impression or their hands were expressing how they felt at that moment?

3. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

Great, another finely wrought study in emotional inarticulacy. When are The Kids Today gonna just buck up and say what they mean, like they did in covered wagon times?

4. Lady MB's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

I didn't connect with any of the characters in this film. I only watched it halfway through. It exhausted me. It's weird because I'm in Brooklyn RIGHT now and AM a white woman. The heavy way these people spoke, the apathetic vibe? I don't get it.

5. Timbo of Boston's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

Despite being another small budget 'young in Brooklyn' woman's story and not my generation, I was riveted. (This came out the year before Lena Dunham's debut) Its patient style allows the audience to live in the moment and the emotions of become universal and very moving. Zoe Kazan is a wonderful looking actress who knows how to underplay. I was enraptured by her performance. The last shot teased out a tear or two.

6. Witek Lewis's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

✺ They mention a British movie called "Zoo" in this movie; this is how I realized what the title of Peter Greenaway's "A Zed & Two Noughts" meant ✺ This movie captures a very specific kind of angst really well ✺ Apparently, this movie was shot guerrilla filmmaking style ✺

7. Steven Cohen's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

The Exploding Girl is a small, introverted rom-dram-com about a college-age woman with epilepsy, and that's about it. The film is really slow and meditative - a little too slow and meditative, actually. Zoe Kazan is good, but there just isn't much to the movie, and it isn't saying anything interesting or unique enough to make up for the lack of content.

8. Kate Tallent's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

The antidote to CGI lovefests. Poignant and charming. The performance by Zoe Kazan was quite good. Slow pace of the film is refreshing in this day of gratuitous CGI and editing that makes your head spin.

9. scott's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

This movie is quiet and somewhat tense, but simple. It is very realistic—the dialogue, the interactions, and the relationships portray college students well—but it is also somewhat predictable. I enjoyed it, and would recommend it if you are bored; but if there is a movie that looks better, then you should watch that instead. (Unless you like movies that you are supposed to watch when you are bored, which I do.)

10. AugusteB's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

Berliner Schule auf Klassenfahrt in Amerika!

11. pedro eira's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

YOUTH LAGOON - ONLY THIS <3 <3

12. beatgeek's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

The Exploding girl could have used an explosion. At least then there could have been something that I remember from it. With that being said... I don't support most films with explosions. Explosions should only be used by the following: Nolan, Raimi, JJ, and Edgar Wright. Fuck Michael Bay!

13. Joshua Fu's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

Now available on DVD from Oscilloscope Laboratories: http://www.oscilloscope.net/shop/view_film.php?ID=20&r=gallery

14. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

I found the film's final shot to be quite moving.

15. Pál's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

16. traag-1's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

I like Zoe Kazan. She can show a range of emotions without saying too much and she anchored this film from the very beginning. Average movie to say the least but she carried it.

17. jenifferp's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

18. Rocketeam's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

I thought this movie was about Spontaneous human combustion...very misleading title.

19. ijol's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

lovely tone, the rest is just blah.

20. kltsts's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

Yeah, it's very indie and, of course, there are some cliches. But what I really liked about this film was how subtle and maturely it depicts feelings. And the cinematography was OK, as for such low-budget one. But overall, the film wasn't boring, thanks to this young, but talented director.

21. JolieG1's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

It was all nice and indie-ish , and wonderful until the bullshit ending.

22. Joel's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

The string of minimalist dramas as of late have been... well refreshing in one sense. If anything I can honestly say enjoyed this film, I had no trouble staying connected but by the end of the film there really wasn't anything I wanted to take away from it. Sometimes simplicity and minimalism simply reduces our cinematic experience to such a degree that I'd rather watch my own life then more films like this.

23. Jonathan C.'s rating of the film The Exploding Girl

I give it three stars for effort. Looks beautiful. Nice, natural performances. But let's be honest: This flick is some lightweight shit. Seriously. I'm pretty much pathetic and I've had more interesting romantic conflicts than these two characters. That and the last thing we need is another indie movie about kids in Brooklyn.

24. TakaAwesome's rating of the film The Exploding Girl

Wasn't impressed. The relationship between Kazan and Rendall's characters was grating to me/felt really contrived. The minute I see the cliche "effeminate hipster best friend" come into the picture, I get annoyed.